▪bts comeback▪

hello! i hope your having a good day so far

hello! i hope your having a good day so far. im positive a lot of people are since bts had a comeback trailer released together which is amazing! i love it and ive actually made similarities in it compared with other music videos.

also, im gonna take like a week or so off so i can focus on school and my mental health. im sorry that i can't upload often because of that but i'll try to make better chapters.

anyways, back to bts comeback trailer. you don't have to listen to this but it's my opinion about it and theory. and waning, ive never actually done theories and im not good with them so it's fine if you disagree.

theory time

ok so the song. the song is obviously sadder, intense and more of a stronger topic. i know they've done these kind of songs where they talk about their success and the struggles coming to it.

so one, i love that Yoongi was singing in it and his looks too! like bro, can you stop?

so anyway, i feel like the song is talking about how yoongi's younger self or like beginning of his career is where he talked about wanting to be big, being the top and a king. he didn't really know what would happen in the future.

then the rest of the song is about how his present self is talking about how they are at the top now, it's lonely and scary, being where everyone judges and everything has a price. his shadow is his bad side, where his thoughts overpower his good one and every thought and everything he does is on the line.

where he talks about how he's not wanting to be let down or shine is maybe because he scared everyone will leave as they grow. im not entirely sure on that part.

then the last part, where the song is almost like crazy and it's like a break. it's like his shadow talking to him, saying that he will never leave yoongi. he can't break apart from him and no matter how many times he wants to get rid of his bad side and thoughts, it will always stay. they are the same person and it's in everyone, really.

it's kinda like the bad part is greedy and wants desperately to become king and the top, trying to become aggressive and get rid of everyone in the way. that's where he says he wants to become a king, rich, top, rap star but in a more angry tone.

also the cameras. The cameras the shadows and people were holding. it's like today. fans will go in and record like they're not actually there. and Yoongi is at the top, not enjoying it and doing it for others needs so they can just record it. at the end, yoongi is surrounded by cameras and people. it's like how reporters don't care how the idol feels but just because they want news.

The doors and the shadows chasing him? i don't entirely what the doors where but it kinda felt like inside the doors were yoongi's thoughts and the shadows were waiting to open them and get in the way, trying to find the way in with every possible entrance.

when yoongi was running away and the shadows chased him, it was when Yoongi was inside of the room having the door closed. It was like he was in his good thoughts and the bad part (shadows) were trying to break in the room and then they did. The bad thoughts got to him making him feel like a monster as they swallow him.

before he sings, he says that he can only only hope everything will be okay like he doesn't know what will happen in the future. The song is honestly very deep and i  feel that this album will be very deep too, trying to fight the shadows and becoming your true self.

also side note, ive seen someone mention this but on the title it says map of the soul then says 7 after it. they said it might be seven singles and videos or something. i think it might actually be right.

similarities

so as you know, bts always adds something from previous music videos and there's a lot here. in the vcrs, it also showed this one was going to be past meets present so it kinda explains a lot.

ok first off, in the video, it showed a lot of the word o!rul82? it was obviously showing past videos. also in the beginning of the video, the tune of the song actually reminded me of the beginning of the comeback trailer in 2013 for o!rul82? it shows the same kind of notes. also the sketches were in it too.

so in the beginning, the doors remind me of a vcr with hopekook because it hobi was in front of a door outside the whole time. It didn't really connect but i just thought of it.

another thing was when yoongi was running down the hall. it reminded me of fake love when jungkook also ran down the hall. both were because something was can chasing them or bad things were following them and they tried to run away from them.

there was hands in them. a lot. it reminded me of fake love and n.o. both songs were deep and has meaning so it was more meaningful in this song.

there was a part where the shadows were pounding on the door then it showed it from the inside were the door shook and the handle was rattling. it felt like fake love where hobi's part was when he tried to keep the door from opening because something was trying to get in.

also there was a part that seemed hugely influenced by dna. in one part, the camera kept switching angles in the same way it did for jungkook in dna. i noticed that right away.

in the beginning, it showed red windows. it kinda reminded me of taehyung's vcr where everything was red at one point.

The outfit he was wearing reminded me of mic drop and the stage he stood on reminded me of fire a little bit where they danced in front of everywhere.

when near the end, yoongi said something like "i am you, you are me". it was like serendipity when jimin says exactly the same thing as yoongi did. they both were similar with destiny and self.

the microphone was like persona and mic drop too. namjoon had it and then in the mic drop they did too. also in the comeback trailer for o!rul82 in 2013 there was a microphone too.

end

that's all i could think of right now. it's honestly a sad song, whereas when he becomes higher in fame, the darkness and shadows follow him.

but that's my theory. i don't really know what else. i could be missing something too but that's all i got. i hope it kinda explains it a bit.

thanks for reading this.

i'll see you in a week or so with the next update.