twenty-one

Taehyung watched as Jungkook kept poking at his food. He frowned seeing Jungkook look at the food like it was dangerous.

Taehyung got up from his seat and sat closer to Jungkook. He started to rub his back in an encouraging way. Jungkook looked at him but looked away from him because his face started to heat up.

"W-What are you doing?" Jungkook was flustered and tried to cover his face.

"I'm encouraging you to eat."

Jungkook was confused and almost overwhelmed. Jungkook was never good at eating, especially when someone was expecting him to eat. He felt too pressured because he knew he couldn't do it.

Jungkook looked down and just pushed his food away. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked while looking at the food.

"I c-can't eat."

Taehyung's heart ached because he heard the voice crack and the genuine pain of not being able to do normal things.

Taehyung brought Jungkook to his arms and picked him up. Jungkook gasped but wrapped his legs around his waist.

Taehyung slowly walked over to his bedroom and placed Jungkook on his bed carefully. Jungkook sat up and looked at Taehyung with confused eyes.

Taehyung smiled and gently pushed Jungkook back on the bed then he got down too. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook slightly and kissed his forehead.

Jungkook, despite the bruises on his body making it hurt to lay down, he was happy being with Taehyung. So he just enjoyed the moment while it lasted before he would have to come home.

Somewhere where he was hated.

Somewhere he never felt love. Not even one time.