Date Night

Derek's POV:
I show up at the same bar as Aria, watching her get out of the car. She looks as beautiful as a crystal. Her short white dress is just long enough to cover her ass and it hugs her body in all the right ways. Aria looks over her shoulder as if she's looking for someone, and behold Rowan pulls up, slamming the door to her boyfriend's car. I'd fucking kill a bitch if she did that to my car.

"Aria! I'm here!" Rowan exclaims, moving as fast as she can in five inch heels. I'm parked almost two cars away from Aria, not driving the porshe this time. It's entertaining to see her waddle like that. It's also unfortunate that she felt the need to copy everything about Aria's look. "Also, look! I'm you but way skinnier. Have you been trying that dieting trick I taught you?"

"Yes, Rowan, I have," Aria replies, a passive agressive smile on her face. Why does she put up with this entitled bitch!?

"Good, good, now let's go inside, we need to get you drunk!" Rowan exclaims, pushing Aria inside.

"Um, I don't know about that, maybe just a drink or two," Aria replies.

"Pussy. Just get inside," Rowan continues pushing. I wish I could shoot that hurtful cunt right here right now. I remain calm and straighten my button-up, getting out of the car to follow the party inside.

It's like someone set off a bomb in here that was supposed to smell sex and alcohol. Honestly just terrible. Once inside, my hand is instantly being pulled. I look at the culprit with hazy green eyes.

"Are you following me?" Rowan asks, her dark eyes stabbing my soul. I sigh, breaking from her grip, glaring at the shorter girl.

"I'm not following anyone. I'm here for alcohol, that's what a bar is for after all," I reply, my tone firm. Rowan glares at me before softening her hard gaze.

"Well in that case, we should have a few drinks together," Rowan suggests, smiling at me.

"Hard pass," I reply, walking away from the blonde haired dumbass. She's such a dumb bitch. She seriously thinks it's all about her. Rowan needs to fuck off before I blow her damn brains out.

"Fine. Be an ass," Rowan replies, flipping me off. I scoff and walk away, taking a seat at the bar. I'm about to kidnap someone, I need a shot for confidence.

    The bar tender asks what I want and I tell her whiskey on the rocks. My father's favorite as well. The bar tender pours my drink as I eye it intensely, my nerves settling in. I don't want to hurt Aria. I don't want her to be scared. I'm trying to save her after all.

The bar tender passes me my drink and I take a small sip, the bitter, burning taste scorching my taste buds. I set the cup down and look down at my phone for a moment.

Delina: You better not tell her about my part in this, or else you can kiss her and your future goodbye.

I sigh and turn my phone off before taking a quick glance around the room for Aria.

There she stands, swarmed by a few people as her body guards watch over her. I need to get her away from them, but I don't know how. They have eyes like hawks. They have similar training to me. Maybe I can get her to follow me. I down the rest of my drink and move towards the area Aria's in, walking slowly so that she can spot me.

I can practically feel her eyes burning into me as I walk towards the quiet area of the bar. My heart is thumping as if it'll jump out of my chest. I cannot fuck this up. She's worth so much money, and anyone would want to kidnap her. I don't want her for money though. I want Aria because I've grown so fond of her. I want her to carry my children, to embrace me every morning, and most of all, I want her to feel protected by me. Her safety is my top priority. I need her to be protected and feel secure wherever she is.

    "Derek," My name slips past her lips. I stop in my tracks in front of the bathrooms. My palms begin to sweat as I turn to face Aria.

"Aria," I reply, a small smile creeping on my lips. Aria looks behind her nervously. She tenses up after I say her name, almost as if someone's poured ice water down her neck. A blast to the past I guess.

"Why are you following me?" Aria asks, her eyes roaming my face. My heart continues to beat out of my chest, but I remain calm.

"Well, I've been meaning to reach out, but you cut ties with all of us, making you unreachable," I explain, hoping for a good reaction. Aria's eyes show the opposite as she looks behind her again.

"Okay well, I don't want to see any of you. I thought I made that clear," Aria replies. I let out a sigh, looking behind Aria as well. This is not how I wanted to do this. Fuck it, I'm in it now.

"Well, unfortunately, for you, you don't have a choice," I reply. With caution, making sure the safety remains on, I point my gun at Aria's hip. "I'm sorry."

"Derek, what the hell are you doing?" Aria mutters, her voice breaking slightly. I harden my expression before looking down at my gun.

"I need you to come with me... please," I ask nicely. Aria steps on my shoe and makes a break for it, but I grab her wrist before she can make it very far. "Aria, just come with me. I'm not taking you to him."

Aria pauses, eye flickering to my gun, and then to me. Her body reacts with fear, but her face stays cold. Aria is very good at hiding emotions, maybe even better than me.

Her beautiful eyes pool with tears before she blinks them away. "Let's go out back, I'll tell Ethan we ended up fucking," Aria suggests. I nod and put my hand on her back, gently pushing her out the back door. Her body shakes slightly against my touch, so I rub in circles on her back to try and ease her as we head out the door.

"Please forgive me, Aria, I didn't want to do this," I beg as we make it outside. Aria just sighs shakily as we walk around to my car. I reach to open the front door for the brunette, but she turns towards me first, leaning up to my ear, breath hot on my neck.

"Remember this, Derek, you've just started a war you won't be able to finish."

"That's a risk I'm willing to take, preziosa."