The Uninvited Now Invited

Antje Utgaard: Scarlett Bailey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek's POV:

I watch as Aria argues with her father. I don't even know what happened. One minute she gives in, the next she's pulling away from me. I need to focus on something other than her!

When her father points to the tree, that's where I direct my attention. There's someone up there with a gun. But that's not who shoots. A woman dressed in all red pulls the trigger. She stands not to far from Aria's father. Fuck... I know who this is. She shoots Aria in the leg before I can pull the trigger. I run and catch her before she hit's the ground.

"Second time this year! Just fucking perfect!" Aria exclaims crying and smiling. "Scarlett?!" I exclaim.

"I can't catch a break today." Aria grunts. "Noah, take her to medical, shoot anyone who stands in your way." I mutter to Noah. I hand Aria off to him. He gave Aria his gun so she could shoot if needed.

"Oh, Derek, you're looking well." Scarlett says slithering over to me. She comes into full view. Dressed in a red skin tight dress with a black fur coat that I bought her none the less. Mason get's back in his car and drives with one final sentence. "I'll be back, and you'll never know when or how." I'm not fazed. All I'm focused on is Scarlett. Her figure distracts me the most. Damn it! I mean, Aria doesn't want me. What's the harm in talking to Scarlett. Everyone walks away and let's me deal with her.

     "Scarlett, you look well." I say formally. She walks closer wrapping her arms around me. "I've missed you a lot, Derek." She sighs. I hug her back. 

"If I'm being honest, I kind of missed you too." 

"Really?"

"Yeah, there's just one problem..."

"What is it?" She asks coldly looking up at me. She gives me her look. Damn it! 4 years and this damn face still affects me!

"The woman you just shot, was supposed to be my fiance..."

"Eh, why marriage, you're still young, why buckle down now?" She asks moving her hand to caress my face.

"I have to in order to proceed as mafia leader. According to the damn rules, I'm supposed to be married by 26."

"Look, you don't have to do shit. I'll talk to your dad, he likes me."

I guess if Aria does get married to me, it'll be bad for her. I think it's best to let her go...

"I have to check on her, we'll talk more later over dinner, si?"

She nods and let's herself in. 

    Scarlett and I go back 5 years. Were best friends. We met in a bar; it was quite interesting actually. We were both drunk, and when I went to the bathroom, I heard Scarlett getting harassed by the doors. I walked up and asked her if the guy was bothering her. She nodded and said yes. I pushed him as hard as I could and ended pushing him into the pool table. Long story short, we got kicked out and a lecture. 

After that, we hung out all night and passed out at my place. But the odd thing was, when I woke up, I was laying on the couch with go fish cards next to me. I didn't sleep with her. I glanced over and she was passed out on the floor with her go fish cards under the coffee table. I was confused yet charmed.

I walked over and woke her up. She vaguely knew who I was. "Wait, did we?-" I shook my head hard. I didn't even want to hear her finish the sentence! Before she left, she had breakfast with us. We exchanged numbers and she left. It was the start of a new friendship.

    I walk to Aria's room. She's past out, but her leg is at least bandaged. I sit on the edge of the bed. Oh, preziosa, I have to let it go. I can't have it all. I can't have you if you don't want me. I can't force you to be with me! I'd rather be in a chosen happy relationship with you, than a miserable forced marriage. I mixed the signals, it's my fault. It's time to let you and Rowan go home, preziosa...