Broken Promises

Aria's POV:

     I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, but I couldn't settle down. Ryder gave me major mental problems, and looking back on them, it hurts. I've had enough, so I decide to make my way to Derek's room. I grab on to everything in my path. I pass Derek's office and hear shouting causing me to walk the best I can faster. 

When I finally reach Derek's room, I plop down on the bed. Just his scent makes me feel safer. I don't know why though...

I lay there until I hear footsteps outside the door. I sit up quickly and see Derek enter.

"I couldn't sleep..." I explain. Derek nods and says I can stay. But first I ask him where Ryder and Rowan are being kept. I won't sleep until I know they're under close watch. Derek says they're under the house. I assure him over to the bed and give him a hug and tell him he can stay.

Derek steps away to take a shower. I get back under the blankets and lay closest to the wall. I'm so shaken up after what's been happening! This is so much to deal with. But if I leave here, everything will be worse.

    Less than 10 minutes later, Derek crawls in bed next me. I can't stop thinking about Ryder and all of the shit that's been happening! It makes me worried and sputter out of control. 

Derek asks me if I'm okay. I wish he hadn't kissed me. We may have kissed before, but I felt something in this one. Derek actually meant it. I could feel it. But I'm not ready! I want to be, but I'm not. He guesses what's wrong with me and he's right. I ask him to hold my hand. I don't feel safe right now and I need all of the support I can get.

Later, I drift off and lose my grip, but Derek holds on. My breathing regulates in a pattern as I enter the dreaming world. The world I fear.

   I find myself laying in bed next to Derek. He doesn't have a shirt on... or pants. Oh my God, I'm naked! The room looks the same accept a few small details. Like paintings and pictures. And a picture of me in a wedding dress, next to Derek. I shake Derek and he flutters his eyes open.

"What's wrong, preziosa?"

"Derek, what happened?"

"What do you mean, babe?"

"Why am I naked! I remember going to bed fully clothed!"

"Yeah, you did, but then I took your clothes off." Derek explains in a smart tone. I roll my eyes.

"Derek, I'm serious. I went to bed asking you to hold my hand! How did I end up naked?!" I exclaim sitting up keeping the sheets over my fully exposed body.

"Are you feeling okay, preziosa?" Derek asks me while feeling my forehead

"Derek!"

"Come on, let's go get, breakfast, si?"

"Fine." I  sigh. I get up and get my clothes on, as does Derek. 

    When we step out of the room, the place is gone and I fall through the floor. I fall under the house. Ryder sees me and darts right for me. 

"No! I'm sorry!" I shield myself from Ryder and everything goes white, the only person in the white void is me and my mother.

"Don't, Aria. Come home with dad."

"You hate me! Why the fuck should I listen to you?!" I shout at my mother.

"I don't know, but Derek only causes harm."

"You only caused harm and pain. Derek at least protects me."

"Aria, I don't have much time, just listen!" 

"Nope." I turn my back on my mother. She starts bleeding out and crying out in pain. 

"Aria." I hear Derek's voice. I mutter his name and run in the direction it comes from. Derek continues calling for me as I run.

     My eyes flutter open. I feel my body and make sure I still have clothes on. I sigh deeply.

"Are you feeling okay?" Derek asks me. For some reason, my eyes just focus on his attire. Dressed in a fancy black button down with navy jeans. Damn that dream.

I nod quickly in reply. Derek still looks skeptical. "Okay, get dressed and meet me downstairs, my father wants to talk to us."

"Why?" I ask sitting up. I take my hair out of the messy bun I had in the night before. Derek shrugs.

"This time, I have no damn clue." Derek puts his hands in his pockets. I get out from under the blankets and stand to Derek's level. My leg doesn't hurt too bad anymore. Only when I put more than my weight on my leg is when it hurts.

I give a half smile and walk to the bathroom. I close the door and lock it. "Where the fuck are your towels?!" I exclaim. I open the cabinets under the sink and look in the little compartment off to the side. I hear Derek chuckle outside the door.

Derek knocks and I open the door. He keeps his head turned. "Don't worry, I'm dressed." I say snatching the towel. I smack him on the head with the towel. My face goes red as I hold the towel behind me. Derek grabs another towel and hits me with it. I get a kick out of this . 

"Let me know when you done, preziosa." Derek says with his laughter still dying out. I nod, close the door, and lock it.

     I step into the shower and let the cold water run off my face. I stay in for about 10 minutes. When I get out of the shower, the bathroom is steamy and the mirror is fogged up. I wipe away some of the steam. Wow I look like actual shit. I wipe my face and get some clothes on. 

When I exit the bathroom, Derek knocks on his bedroom door. "Come on, Aria!" Derek says through the door.

"Coming! I just have to throw my hair up!" I reply pulling my hair back. I put it in a low messy bun and exit the room with Derek.

"Is it something bad?" I ask Derek.

"Honestly preziosa, I have no clue."

I sigh and Derek and I walk side by side until we reach his office. The lady that shot me is in there too. She starts to eye up Derek. Oh I so want to rip her throat out! I give her a glare and she gives me a guilty look.

"Yeah, I shot you, and I'm sorry for it. I thought you were with Mason and the others." The girl speaks. I rolls my eyes and sit down on the little sofa. Derek sits behind his desk playing with a ball, throwing it up and catching it.

    A minute later, Derek's father comes in. He closes the door behind him and sits in the chair across from me.

"What is it?" Derek asks. He puts the ball away and looks at his dad dead serious. Fuck, I'm getting kick out or some shit! I'm so fucked! That's what this is about. My face becomes less and less relaxed.

"I wasn't able to tear up the contract. Mason holds all of the power. He put a rush on the marriage... You're getting married next week."