Past to the Surface

Years ago...

Aria's POV:

      I lie there awake in bed next to Ryder. I don't know what it was that drew me to Ryder 3 years ago, but whatever it was, I'm thankful for it... I think. Sometimes Ryder's not the nicest person that you want to be around. Especially when he comes home from the club.

Ryder rolls over towards me. His eyes still open. "Can't sleep either?" I asks me. I nod and he wraps his arms around me. I bury my head in his chest. 

It's not long after that we start making out and take things too far... let's just say the sheets need clean, and we need a new bed. Ryder finishes devouring the last of my body and rolls off of me.

I roll over and cuddle up in his chest, and he holds me tight...

Present day...

"I never knew that would be the last time he was well... normal." (Let me add that she didn't tell Derek about the sex!!!!)

"Aria..."

"Let me finish..."

Years ago...

     Ryder doesn't come home until early morning. I lay there in the bed silently sleeping. Ryder walks in and screams at me.

"Are you fucking serious, Aria?!" Ryder screams walking over to the bed. My eyes jolt open and I sit up from my once peaceful position.

"What the hell are you talking about Ryder?" I say tiredly.

"You fucking shit! You know what you did!" Ryder approaches me and I grab a pillow to shield myself from him. But that doesn't stop his hand from colliding with my cheek. I wince at the sudden pain. 

"You let that bastard touch you!"

"What the fuck, Ryder?! I didn't do jack shit!" I yell getting out of bed.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!" Ryder slams his fist into my stomach. I fall to the floor in pain. I can smell the booze on him.

"There! That should teach you!"

Ryder walks over my aching body and gets in the shower. I lay there and cry until I pass out...

      I wake up in the bed later in the day.

"Oh good! You're awake, love."

I flinch when Ryder goes to stroke my hair.

"I'm so sorry! I was drunk and something pissed me off before I came home, and-! I'm just so, so sorry."

I let out a deep sigh and walk to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and see a gigantic bright red hand print on my cheek. I touch it and it stings like a bitch. He lied, something happened to make him do this shit. And I believe it's not the last time this will happen....

        Weeks later, the beatings become more regular, usually when he comes home from the club or some shit like that. He always comes home and thinks I did something wrong, meanwhile I didn't! It's non sense! I even thought he was doing drugs at one point; so I searched the house. Nothing turns up. He's just delusional! But tonight, I have to go somewhere with him out in public.

While getting ready, Ryder zips my dress. 

"Too long... you need something short. So I can have an nice view." Ryder says winking at me. I give a nervous laugh. I know he won't do anything, but what if he does do something.

Ryder goes in my closet and finds the shortest dress I own. He tosses it at me. "Put it on, love." He says.

I obey quickly and put the dress on. The dress is so short that you can see up my ass if I bend down.

"It's... a little short." I say insecurely. Ryder frowns.

"But it looks great!" I say smiling.

"Good." Ryder says giving me a half smile.

We both stay silent while I curl my hair. The silence soon breaks with Ryder's phone ringing. He steps out of the room to answer it. I hear Ryder start to yell, "You're so fucking stupid! You don't know how to do shit!" I jump and burn my hand at the sudden argument.

"Ah damn it!" I yelp.

"Shut the fuck up, Aria!" Ryder screams at me.

"I just burned my fucking hand, Ryder! You don't have to be rude!"

Ryder rushes in.

"Are you okay?!" He asks looking at my red hand.

"No! It hurts like a bitch!" I yell. My hand is bright red. I full on touched the iron. Not just a little bump, I grabbed it!

"I'll get ice." Ryder says running to the kitchen. I run cold water on my hand. I glance up at the mirror and look at my face. There are quite a few bruises on my face. They're all small, but I should still cover them up. At least I burned my non dominate hand, my right hand. 

Ryder comes in and we ice my hand for a solid 3 minutes.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you." Ryder apologizes sincerely.

I nod and smile. "It's okay, you were... having one of your moments." I say smiling.

Ryder gives a crooked smile. His phone rings again and he stands up to take it. He leaves the room and I walk to the bathroom to cover up the bruises. I finish curling the last bit of my hair. I grab my make up and cover up the bruises right away, then worry about the extra stuff like eye-shadow, mascara, lipstick, the whole make up business.

After getting ready, we drive to the fancy banquet... showtime....