Flashbacks and Blenders (DO NOT SKIP THIS CHAPTER IF YOU FOLLOW THIS SERIES!)

Aria's POV:

      Derek and I walk around the house. "We can take care of your father with a bribe."

"No, because once he knows you have money, he'll start to come around more."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if my mother signed a contract for us to get married, it's no longer binding because I uhm..."

"Yeah, I know."

"But if my father found out, he'd take over and sign."

"Why?"

"Money and power."

Derek keeps quiet.

"And Rowan, we're fucked, you read the messages! I can't kill her!"

"Of course not, I'm not asking you do anything if the sort."

"I know...." I trail off.

"Hey, look at me." Derek says. We stop right by the double stairs. Derek starts caressing my face. I hold his hand to my face. What if it comes down to killing her? I love her more than anyone right now! Trevor's dead! He was my best friend. My little brother!

"We won't let anything happen. You can bet your ass I'm not letting anyone jump the gun. This time, you call the shots when it comes down to Rowan."

"Promise?" I say holding out my pinky.

"Promise." Derek and I lock pinkies and hold a promise.

"That makes me feel better." I sigh.

Derek gives me a half smile.

"Come, preziosa, we have work to do." Derek says offering me his arm. I take it and nod. We walk to the high tech room. I have my phone that Derek gave me when I was sick in my back pocket. I feel it buzz, but Derek doesn't have his phone out. Fuck...

    My heart starts racing. As soon as Derek and I walk in, he lets go and walks over to the computers. I walk over to the sitting area and open the phone.

"I know where you are, Aria, daddy's on his way." My father texted earlier today. I yelp and drop the phone, but quickly cover my mouth. I stand up and start to breathe heavily.

Derek comes running over. "What? What's wrong?"

I just hand him the phone. Lucky for us, we're the only one's in here, so I can freak the fuck out.

Derek reads the message. "Damn it! I thought I had this phone locked down completely."

"W-we have to act fast!" I say.

Derek nods. I can't stop my breathing.

"Hey, deep breath in and out."

I try, but it's not working. I can't stop my breathing. Derek pulls me into his chest.

"They say this helps."

I keep my hands over my face. I can't do this! He's going to find me and- Ryder. Damn it, damn it, damn it! My father loved Ryder because he was loaded! Damn this shit! Damn it! That's how he knows, Ryder! No!

"Derek!" I squeal.

"Shhh."

"Ryder! My father loved him because he was loaded. Rowan doesn't want to kill me, she want's to break me."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that my father must've teamed up with Ryder and Rowan! She knows that even the thought of Ryder breaks me!"

Derek tilts my chin up so that I'm looking him in the eyes.

"Preziosa, you're over thinking."

"Derek, I know my father. He's a piece of shit." I say

"Aria, you took a bullet for me. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure you don't get hurt."

"But-."

"Shh, just calm down and stop over thinking! You're fine! There's amazing trained people here protecting you! Hell I trained some of them myself! So do you trust me to protect you."

"I-I- yes."

"Good. I'll take care of the phone." Derek takes the phone and puts it in a fucking blender. I get a kick and start giggling.

"What's so funny?" Derek asks me smiling.

"First off, why in the actual fuck do you keep a blender in here? And second why couldn't you have just thrown it at a wall, and then outside? And if you wanted to take extra measures, run it over with your car?" I laugh as I talk.

      Derek shrugs and smiles as the blender destroys the phone. I still want to know how he goes from cold to hot. Like he was mean and cold right after the bullet shit. When I was up and running again, he never checked on me, or even talked to me. Then he says that I was cold and distant. That shit isn't even close to fair!

Another thing I'm wondering is, where in the fucking shit has my Aunt been? I used to see my aunt every 2 days before this whole mafia shit happened. I never got any calls either when I picked up my phone. My only calls were Rowan 384 times, and my dad 3 times. I know, I have no friends. But I'm kind of a book worm.

When I was in 4-7th grade, I was in love with writing and books; but as soon as I hit 8th grade, my liking to reading was decreasing, and my liking to writing increasing. I carried writing through college. I was actually about to get my writers degree! I was going to be an author! But then I met Ryder in my last year of college. I thought he was cool and nice, but I was so fucking far from right.

About 1 year into the relationship, when he'd see me write or read, he'd say shit like 'Fuckin' book worm.' Then play it off as 'Oh nothing, babe!'. Then as we hit around 2 and a half years, he would walk up to me and close my laptop while I was typing, unplug my computer when it was almost dead, take the book or note book out my hands, read it and laugh, or just not give even half of a shit and throw it across the room.

I'd call him an ass or something like that, and then I got beat. He gave me a concussion twice, gave me a broken knee... we don't talk about how that happened... But point is, he beat the fuck out of me! One thing I hope though, is that Ryder will grow the fuck up! And fuck off! Because if he doesn't I'm unleashing my Lucifero and his hell on him...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so this chapter was more of an intro to Aria, because I thought, hey why don't I read Marrying the Mafia to make sure it's okay! Then when I read it, I was like, what in the shit was I thinking?! So I decided to introduce Ryder more, give Rowan and Aria's father more of a character, and give more background on Aria. And before you come at me, Derek's background comes in later, so no, I did not forget about how little detail is on Derek. -Christina