Past to the Surface|Part 2

Years ago...

Aria's POV:

When Ryder and I arrive, someone comes out to escort us inside. Ryder seems familiar with the place, whereas me, not so much.

When we arrive inside, Ryder get's us drinks while everyone stands around greeting each other. Ryder hands me the champagne glass. I down it slowly; whereas Ryder just downs it in one swallow.

"Ryder! Hey, buddy!" One of Ryder's friends say approaching us.

"You're drunk already Todd?" Ryder says paying attention to the mans unsteady walking.

"I'm not drunk, I'm just a little buzzed."

"Okay..."

"You're lady looks hot." Todd says staring at my breasts. I start to feel uncomfortable and insecure. I look down at the floor.

"Alright, Todd, let's leave her alone."

"Oh come on, Ryder!" Todd says.

"Come along, Todd." Ryder says leading Todd away from me.

20 minutes after he left, a man approaches me. "All alone?" The guy asks. He looks young, younger than me.

"Yeah..."

The man starts making nice conversation with me. We talk for hours. Ryder never comes back, until he catches me talking to the kid. He's only 16. He's just trying to be nice...

"Aria! What the fuck?! We're leaving, get away from him now!" Ryder hisses at me. I hold my ground tonight, I'm done with his shit!

"He's just a nice 16 year old kid who didn't ditch me all night unlike you!"

"Excuse me?! Who taught you to talk to me like that; because I sure as hell didn't!" At this point, everyone is staring.

"I taught myself! All you fucking do is that I fucking cheat! I don't! Holy damn! It's not fucking rocket science!"

"People are staring, get in the fucking car." Ryder whispers to me.

"No." I spat.

"Get in the fucking car, now. Or the consequences will be worse."

"I said, no." I hiss.

"I swear to fuck, Aria." Ryder says quietly. The people in the room let themselves out.

"I swear to fuck, Aria." I repeat mockingly.

"That's it!" Ryder picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Put me down, you piece of shit!" I squeal.

Ryder doesn't listen.

When we get outside, instead of letting me get in the front; Ryder pops the trunk and throws me in there. He locks it while I kick and scream. He quickly gets in his car and drives home.

Ryder pops the trunk when we arrive. He lets me out and drags me inside by my arm. I push and hit him, but he's too strong. He throws me on the bed. At this point, I'm scared as all hell, but I hold my ground.

"You want to fucking talk to me like that!? I fucking dare you! One more strike, Aria, then you're out! I'm done with your bullshit!"

"Yeah Ryder, well I'm done with yours!" I get off the bed and grab my keys. Ryder stops me and throws my keys across the room. He pulls me to him and starts to kiss me! I push him away, but it doesn't work. He grabs me and pulls me over to the bed. Ryder pins me down on the bed and continues his torture.

"Ryder stop it!" I yell when he unzips my dress. That just gets me a hard slap in my face.

"Shut up!" Ryder yells. He continues his sexual abuse act until it turns into pure straight up rape. I scream and struggle, but I can't move. I'm completely numb at this point. I wish all of this would go away! I wish he were dead...

Present day...

At this point, I'm full on crying thinking about the memories. "And after that night h-he told me he'd k-kill me i-if I tried to lea-leave or tell a-any cops. That's why I never left him." I cry.

Derek just takes me into his arms. He sheds a tear while pulling me closer. "I'm so sorry, preziosa. You should have never had to go through that." Derek says quietly. I nod and continue crying in his chest. Ryder should die! He needs to just die a slow and painful death.

I cry out louder. "Shh... It's okay. It's all over." Derek says in my ear. Boy is he wrong.

Just as Derek says this, a note slips under the front door, along with a doorbell ring. Derek holds my hand and we walk to the door. I grab Derek's gun and clutch it for dear life. Derek picks up the note and his face drops.

"I'm coming back, love." I repeat the note's words. Derek puts an extra lock on the door.

"Aria, go upstairs in my room, lock the door and keep that gun by you. Make sure the windows locked and nobody from outside can see you." Derek says before going outside.

"No! Don't leave me here alone!" I squeal.

"It's going to be okay, I'll be right back!" Derek says. He kisses my forehead and I run upstairs. I lock the door and wait. I pear outside for a minute, and there staring up at me is Wyatt....