Adapting to Change

Aria's POV:

     I walk through the garden with Derek. I really needed to beat the shit out of Ryder because I obviously can't fuck over Derek. I'm so done. I need to lash out! I need to- ugh! I need to scream and punch someone.

"I'm pissed." I say blankly. Derek just responds with a puzzled look. We stop dead in our tracks.

"If you hadn't snatched me in the first place, I might never have been in this situation to begin with!"

"Aria, that was months ago!" Derek shouts.

"It doesn't feel like months ago!"

"Okay, I have been trying to be fucking nice to you, but apparently, nobody can ever be good enough! Everything I give you and have given you, means nothing! I'm fed up with your shit!"

"My shit? My shit, Derek?! No, I'm fed up with your shit! If you hadn't been an arrogant bastard and set me up for this bullshit, none of this would have happened!"

"Oh, so now it's my fault you mom fucking sold you to me?!"

    My face freezes. "She what?" I ask. That's a load of bullshit! I don't believe this shit! My mother may have been cruel, but she wasn't to slavery point. The worst she did was make me clean the whole basement.

"It's your mothers actions that put me where I was when I snatched you." 

"I don't fucking believe you! My mother may have hated me, but she would never let me out of her sight! She enjoyed inflicting pain on me."

"Fine, believe me or don't believe me." Derek sighs.

"Ugh! I just want to fucking punch you!" I exclaim. I want to cry, I want to rage, I want to do so many things! I can't stand everything going through my head right now! So many things are just floating in my head right now!

"Punch me then! Fucking punch me! As long as it gets you to shut the hell up and stop fucking blaming me!" Derek yells.

I'm done! I punch him in the shoulder. It doesn't do anything. He just stands there. I keep swinging at him.

"Just go in the fucking gym if you're going to pull this petty bullshit." Derek says leaving.

"Where is it?"

"I'll just fucking walk you there..." Derek heaves. Shit... I may have pissed him off too bad. Yikes.

    Derek leads me back inside and to the basement where there's a huge gym. Derek grabs me training gloves and tells me to do whatever. I pissed him off. I shouldn't have snapped. He may have kidnapped me, but he was really good to me when I was here even if I was a bitch. I put the gloves on and punch the hell out of a punching bag.

My mother wouldn't do that. As fucked up as she was, selling one of her children is fucked up, even for her. I don't understand any of this. I'm not good at adapting to change. I'm good at keeping this consistent. I can't fucking stand it! This shit in my life! A few months ago, I was sleeping safely at my apartment with my best friend!

I take a break from punch the bag and walk to the mini fridge. I grab a water and take a long sip. It's not until I rub my eyes that I realize that I'm crying. I'm feeling everything. Every painful thing.

   After taking a 5 minute break, I go back to my aggressive, violent work out. Derek's an ass, my mom's a bitch, my father's a dick, my life is shit! There you go, there's the summary of my life story! Fuck this bullshit!

"Fuck it!" I scream out of rage. I kick the bag so hard my other leg hurts, but I don't really care!

"I don't give a shit at this point!" I yell with tears streaming down my face. 

"I was fucking normal! Now look!" I exclaim crying. I start punch and kicking way harder. I'm getting fucking married! I'm 24! twenty-fucking-four! Why the fuck do I put up with this shit!?

"Why God!? Why the fuck are you putting me through such bullshit!" I cry out. I stop punching and kicking. I drop right where I am and curl up in a ball. I just keep crying...