Kidnapped

Aria's POV:

"Unlock the damn door!"

Derek scoffs and obliges, finally. I jump out of the car and walk along the side of the road, trying to put any amount of distance between me and Derek that I can. Before I can make it even ten feet, I fall and scrape my knee, creating a blood gushing wound. I look down at my knee and take in my woodsy surroundings. The dark, water-filled coulds overhead cast a dark and dreary sky.

I start to wipe up the dripping blood from my knee, hand slightly shaking. Tears poor in my eyes, threatening to spill, but I hold them back as Derek comes walking over to me. He crouches, his hand wiping up some of the dripping blood. He sighs in shame as he uses his sleeve to wipe up more blood. I watch him carefully handle my wound, that warm feeling getting stronger with every touch he makes. The air feels thick with emotions, but I don't want to deal with it right now.

"Aria..." Derek starts. I'm brought back to reality with his words and push his hand off of me.

"What?" I snap, standing up again. I might as well just give in to this whole situation. I'm not going to make it very far on foot anyway.

"Nothing- let's just go," He replies, standing up to go back to the car.

I get back in the car and slam my door shut, refusing to look at the tall man next to me. His touch is so intoxicating, but I don't want it. I don't want him. He's a Montgomery. They all backstab and lie. Why should I trust Derek when his brother used to treat me like hot garbage. Ryder made me feel like a caged animal, a fucking prisoner in my own home. I don't want that again. I don't want to relive those years. If I get married to Derek, then by default, I'll be associated with Ryder. That is not a fucking option. Not in this life time, or any other. Fuck Ryder Montgomery.

Derek's POV:

Aria starts yelling at me to open the doors. I think she's trying to run, but she won't go very far. I watch her with steady eyes as she trips on the side of the road, falling down. Like I said, not very far. This poor girl thinks she can leave me. I want her to marry me, to take a care of her, to be there by her side at every waking moment, and I always get what I want.

After helping her, Aria and I end up pulling over at the small park in the middle of town, it's empty this evening. I just needed to get the fuck out of my house. My father's a nightmare right now. He's like a wistling kettle, always spewing bullshit in my ears. I also don't want to be there when Ryder's due to come home.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I ask. Aria silently shakes her head no. I slowly nod, leaning back on the park bench, taking in the soft evening sky. It's just after sundown, when lights start turning on and adults start to sink into their couches to watch TV. I glance down at Aria's blood-dried wound and frown. I don't want her to feel pain, not now, not ever.

    After a few moments of awkward silence, I hear something rustling in the bushes behind us. Turning around, I see a rifle pointed right at Aria. With quick hands, I shove Aria to the ground as fast as I can, going down with her. Who the fuck is this?! What the fuck is this?! And most importantly, why the fuck is Aria a target in this?!

"Hey! What the fuck-?!" Aria exclaims in a high pitched tone.

"I'm saving your life right now, shut up!" I reply, gun drawn. My eyes stay on the man that's appeared in front of me. The man from the bushes emerges to stand next to the man in front of me, soon follows another man. Three men stand in a line in front of me.

"Bravo, Montgomery! You caught us." That uniform. No fucking way.

"Step away from her, now. I'll only tell you once," I pull Aria up from the ground and push her behind me, keeping a firm grip on her hand. I'm not losing her. I've waited too long to have her.

"You're all alone, give us the girl, and we'll leave." That tattoo. This isn't real.

"No."

"No?"

"I said no," I hiss.

I hold the man at gun point, my eyes trained between his eyes. These pathetic men underestimate me. Three versus one. One man with professional assassination training, and three fucktards with lower level skilled training at best.

"Woah there, Montgomery, watch where you're pointing that thing."

"Derek," Aria quietly whispers behind me, a gun cocked at her head. Shit... make that four.

"Let her go, asshole," I keep my eyes on the other man with a gun. There is no easy way out of this. I might be defeated here. Especially since I know who's responsible here.

"I think not," The man replies as Aria's hand is ripped from my grip as a small cry errupts from her mouth. I turn my head for a moment, catching a glimpse of Aria's tear-stained face. Her expression is terrified as the man behind her binds her wrists together. I want nothing more than to wipe her tears and promise her I can get us out of here, but then I'd be deemed even more of a liar than I already am.

"You made her cry," I say, my tone darkening. The man laughs at my response in a weak attempt to taunt me. My anger boils over as my heart rate starts slowing. My muscles start to relax and my eyes begin to feel heavy. What is this? Why am I so dizzy? I look down at my leg and notice a dart sticking out of it. "How did you...?"

"Let's go for a drive, why don't we?"

Everything around me goes black as my body becomes deadweight, falling to the ground.