Result

Derek's POV:

      It's been a few weeks since the meeting I held. Not much came about. We decided that we'd wait for Ryder to come out of hiding. Apparently, another gang has been harboring him. We don't know who, but the Diamond Eyes haven't seen him. We may be rivals, but we both need to know where the fuck Ryder is.

"Derek, coffee's on!" Aria exclaims from the kitchen. I roll off of the couch I slept on last night. 

"Oh shit, sorry. I thought you were upstairs." She laughs. Her laugh brightens my morning. Aria's warming up to me slowly. Scarlett was right. She might have just needed time. 

I stand up and walk over to the kitchen, my hair disheveled, no shirt, and tiered eyes. I was up all night making calls and making sure our security system is updated. I grab a mug from the cupboard above where Aria was standing.

"Damn, you look rough." Aria points out.

"I was up all fucking night." I sigh pouring the coffee into my mug. Aria hops up and sits on the kitchen island. She wears one of my shirts that she stole and a pair of black shorts. Her long locks display down her shoulders. Her make up from yesterday still remains on her face. It looks smeared and like she was crying.

    "Are you okay?" I ask her before sipping my coffee. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"You look like shit. Almost like you've been crying."

"I'm fine." She says smiling. At least she's smiling. She's not fine and I can see that. I've been trying to give her space ever since she- you know, rejected me. It's worked out well. We haven't had any fights or anything. She's just being casual about it, it's like instead of fating, she's my best friend.

I set the coffee down on the counter and go upstairs to take shower. I turn on water and step in the glass shower. Things have been clam. A little too calm. I wonder if Ryder's just waiting to strike back. It just doesn't seem right! 

I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. I look in the mirror and pick up my tooth brush. What the hell has my world come to? I'm just that guy that falls for the impossible. I've been taking her out and doing everything for her. I know I can't rush it, but I'm not usually patient.

I spit the toothpaste in the sink and walk into my bedroom. I throw some clothes on and join Aria downstairs. She sits on the couch in some clothes.

    "Oh hey, can we do something today?" She asks me.

"Like what?" I ask her sitting next to her on the couch.

"I don't know... dinner?" 

"Okay, sure." 

"Okay." 

I look down at my phone. 42 missed calls from Scarlett!

"Fuck!" I exclaim standing up. I call her back immediately.

"What's wrong?" Aria asks. I don't answer her. I hear the line pick up.

"Derek! Thank God! Where the fuck were you?! You missed the meeting!" Scarlett exclaims to me. 

"Scarlett, you called me 42 times because of a meeting I said I couldn't make it to?" I ask sitting down.

"Yes..."

"Good bye." I hang up. Aria looks at me in confusion. "I didn't go to a meeting I had with Scarlett's family, so I sent my father instead." I explain.

"Makes sense." She says. She grabs her phone and goes into the kitchen. Of course she walks back with a bag of potato chips. I chuckle to myself as she sits down.

"What?" Aria asks me.

"You and your damn potato chips."

"Yeah, well my damn potato chips are my life support." She says. 

"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have some work to do today." I say standing up. Aria waves and I walk outside to my car. I get in the driver's side and start the car. I proceed to my allies place. The Archers. They're one of our most trusted allies. 

     When I arrive, their leader Vincent greets me at the entrance. "Ciao, Derek, stai bene." (Hello, Derek, you're looking well.)

"Grazie, dobbiamo." I reply (Thank you, shall we.). Vincent nods and we make our way inside their grand house.

Vincent leads me to a fancy sitting room. A few more of his family members are sitting among us. "I have never seen so much bullshit!" Alessandro exclaims. He's Vincent's brother and the man sitting next to him is Vincent's right hand Giovanni. 

"I know! He just ran up to her and fucking tried to kill her!" I exclaim. My family is incredibly close with the Archers. I can walk in and just scream. 

"Who are we talking about? Wyatt or Ryder?" Vincent asks.

"Ryder." I sigh sitting down on the leather black couch. Vincent sits in a chair on the opposite side of the room. 

"I honestly don't give a fucked where he is, as long as he doesn't come near me or Aria." I say. Vincent glances at Giovanni.

"I'm with him. As long as everyone's safe, I don't think it matters." Giovanni says. "Well, wait a minute, I might know of something we can do." Alessandro suggests.

"I'm listening." I say. Alessandro sits up straight and explains to us the whole damn thing. I think this could work...