Broken Promises|Part 2

Aria's POV:

     I sit there, my eyes wide. He said he would tear it up! I glance at Derek and he looks just as baffled as me. I don't think Derek even knew about this! I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. He promised no marriage! 

"What in the fuck?!" Is all that comes from my mouth.

"Why the fuck would you let him control the arrangement!" Derek exclaims. It turns into us just shouting random aggressive things at Derek's father. I can't believe this bullshit! He promised he'd rip it up! He- I- I'm not fucking ready! You can't expect me to be ready when I'm 3 years fresh from an abusive relationship! I haven't been serious with anyone since Ryder! Let alone marriage! A forced marriage! I always knew my father was a jack ass, but this- he's gone to far! He crossed a line. I'm well beyond pissed.

I take a minute to comprehend everything. I stand up and storm out of the room. I'm so pissed it's- ugh! I want to rip someone apart!

Derek's POV:

      I watch as Aria storms out of the room. She seems more pissed than I thought. I jump out my chair and go after her. 

"Aria!" I chase after her. She picks up her pace the best she could. But I can catch her faster. I run until we reach the garden outside.

"No, Derek! I can't do this!" Aria screams. I grab her hand. 

"Aria, you think I can do this!?"

"Yes! You've been in the mafia all of you life, I've been in the mafia for what? 4 months now?! maybe only even 3! I'm not doing this shit! When I said I'd stay, that meant I wanted to learn how to work here! Not fucking get married!"

"In none of my years in the mafia, have I seen anything like this! I've seen really fucked up shit, but I have never seen a forced marriage arrangement!"

"Oh yeah, because the mafia totally doesn't do that." Aria says sarcastically. I don't know what came over me, but I tighten my grip on Aria's wrist. 

"Watch it, Aria. Don't forget where you are and who you're trying to put to shame." I say through gritted teeth. She gives me a smart smile. What the fuck is she laughing at!? This isn't a joking matter! She doesn't know anything about the mafia! I let her fucking puppy dog eyes let me do this! 

"I know exactly who I'm putting to shame, Derek. My father. Now let me go, I want to go rip someone's throat out!" She exclaims trying to pry my hand off of hers.

"What are going to do if I let go?" I ask her.

"Rage? What else, now let me go before I rip your throat out instead!"

I let her wrist go free and she goes to the low level basement. Well, the outside way in anyway.

     She runs inside while I wait in the door way. My men all stare at her, but don't move. She walks in front of the doors Ryder's being kept in.

"Keys." She says holding her hand out. None of the men give her the keys.

"Give me the damn keys!" The keys land in her hand in seconds.

She unlocks the door and shuts it behind her. I get within ear-shot and peep in the window.

"Aria?!" Ryder exclaims. He looks like shit. Bruised and damaged. He goes to approach her, but she steps back. She was full of adrenaline and now its wearing off. 

"Ryder, Ryder, Ryder! Guess what? I'm getting married! I thought you'd be the one I'd want to tell!" Aria says in the most fake tone. She's really pissed.

"What?!" Ryder starts raging. He grabs Aria by the arm and I go to go in, but Aria has it under control. She grabs his arm and pins it behind his head.

"Don't fucking touch me. I'm not putting up with your shit!" Aria exclaims. She kicks him right in the balls and he drops to the floor. Aria steps on his abdomen and he grunts in pain.

"You deserve to rot in hell, you fucking piece of shit!" Aria exclaims. She bends down and slaps him as hard as she can. Ryder lays there with his arm half broken. She steps over him and walks out of the room.

     I follow as the men guarding the cell, lock the door. Aria seems a little calmer now that she got to beat the shit out of Ryder. 

"Derek, what are we going to do?" She suddenly stops and turns around.

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out..."