Several Questions No Answers

Aria's POV:

     Derek holds me telling me it's going to be okay. "I thought you were fucking dead! What would I have done then!?" I exclaim pushing him away.

"I did what had to be done. They came to kill me and get you. I heard you on the phone with Noah, I knew help would be there." Derek explains. I wrap my small arms around his neck latching on to him.

"Don't die on me please." I whisper. Derek move my hair out of my face and nods. He plants a kiss on top of my head. "Come on, let's go inside." 

Derek wraps an arm around me walks me inside. He takes me upstairs to his room. "You're okay. You're safe." Derek tells me one final time. I don't give a fuck if I'm safe! He could've died out there! He could've been shot and killed right there on the spot! I sigh and nod.

"I'll be downstairs. Come get me if you need anything, si?" 

"Okay." I sigh. Derek walks out of the room closing the door behind him. I go into the bathroom and run hot water. I glance down at my leg, it looks red and my bullet wound looks a little red. They fucking destroyed my leg. I turn on the shower and step through the glass door. The hot water runs down my back.

   What the hell was he thinking?! He could've been shot! Derek could've died! Why do I feel this way about him? I didn't think I could feel this way towards anyone. Not after Ryder.  He broke me in ways beyond repair.

I scrub my hair aggressively. Why does Derek have this hold on me there I can't get away from!? I'm terrified of love. It's something I've never been good at. How do I even know that it's love that I feel for him? I don't know shit about love, so how should I know? I make the water warmer. It kind of burns, but I don't mind it. 

I rinse the conditioner out of my hair. This is a feeling I'll never get over...

Derek's POV:

    I walk to the main meeting room where everyone waits for me. "What the fuck happened out there?!" I exclaim. 

"I don't know. Noah hasn't come back." One of my head men say. Tonight could've made it impossible to go through with my plans. Noah has to be okay.

"Where is he?" 

"Derek, we don't know." My father says.

"Someone tell me what happened out there!" I exclaim. "I know at least 1 team has come back!" 

"Noah got a call from Aria who was being shot at and grabbed. She just told him to get there. When we got there, you looked fucking dead and Aria was crying. We caught a glimpse of Alessandro in the alley." The first team leader says.

"Who was he shooting?" I ask.

"I don't know." 

"He was shooting at Ryder but he was scared of hitting Aria." Someone else explains. Thank God. I thought he turned on me.

"We're going to find out who was with Ryder. I want half of you to go out and find Noah. I want the other half to find out who the fuck was there. If you don't find Noah, go to the Archers. If he's not there either, you come back and wait for further direction." I order. Everyone scatters and does what I assigned.

    I walk out of the room and check on Aria upstairs. I open my bedroom and Aria sits on the bed in one of my shirts, as usual. I sit next to her on the bed. Her eyes are red and puffy still, I notice some small tears roll down her cheeks.

"What would've happened if you died?" She asks weakly. She looks into my eyes with sadness. I move her hair out of her face and caress her face. 

"I won't die on you, ever. I promise." I tell her. She starts crying again and flings herself into me. I shush her lay down with her.

"Please don't die on me." She whispers faintly.

"Preziosa, would I lie to you?" 

She looks up at me and shakes her head 'no'. I hold her closer. "Let's watch some TV, si?" I say picking up the remote. She exhales deeply and lays on my chest. I turn on the TV and put on the show she was watching earlier. I feel her relax into my arms. I start stroking her hair and she holds my hand like it's her life.

    About an hour goes by and I feel her hand lose its grip on mine. Her breathing steadies. She fell asleep. I gently take off my shoes and lay her head on the bed for a minute. I take my shirt off and put shorts on. I lay back next to her and lay her back where she was. She opens her eyes for a second but closes them instantly.

I turn off the lamp next to me and close my eyes. Aria's grip tightens on me and she gets under the covers. I do as well so that I don't prevent her from getting more of the covers. Aria and I go back to the position we were in.

I close my eyes and let the sleep consume me.

   The next morning, I wake up to the sound of Aria's light snores. I stroke her hair and she opens her eyes slowly. "Hey." I say. She closes her eyes again. "Nope, we have work to do today." I say getting up. She falls off of my chest and groans. 

"Come on, I'll make coffee." I say putting a shirt on. I notice my drawer is almost empty. "You really took every damn shirt I own." I laugh. She stand up and walks over to me. 

"Oops." She says blankly. I put some clothes on and Aria walks into the bathroom and gasps. I knock on the door. "Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah." She grunts. I shake my head. "No your not, open up." I sigh. Aria slowly opens the door and I look at her leg. There are bruises up her leg and the place that she was shot starts bleeding again a little bit. 

"What happened?" I ask her lifting her up on the bathroom counter. "When I was grabbed last night, Someone grabbed me by the ankles and started slamming my leg. I couldn't really feel it that much at the time, but when I got in the show last night, I looked at it and it was red. I didn't think much of it because I wasn't in a lot of pain." She explains.

"Okay, it doesn't look infected so much as it just looks swollen." I say grabbing paper towels to pack the little bit of bleeding. 

"This might hurt a little bit." I tell her. She nods and closes her eyes. I press on the wound with the paper towels. She starts grunting and digging her nails into her hands. "Fuck." Aria breathes.

I stop the bleeding and grab the first aid kit under the sink and get the bandages out. I wrap her leg in the bandages. I just want to know who the fuck would do this?

   "Any idea why the did this." I ask. "Maybe to slow you down?"

"I don't know, maybe?" She sighs. I lift her off of the counter and she stares at me for a minute. "How are you not dead?" She asks me. I chuckle and lead her downstairs.

I go into the kitchen and pour some coffee in my mug. I open my phone and scroll through social media. A text pops up on my phone. Unknown... hell no. I open the message and it's a picture of Aria sitting on the couch. I get my gun off the counter. 

"Aria, don't panic, but you need to go in the kitchen and get behind the kitchen island." I tell her. "Stay low."

Her eyes fill with fear as she look at something in the distance. A sniper scope point right at her through the cracked window. "I can't." She whimpers. I walk over to her. "No, stand back." She says. She puts her hands behind her head and stands up backing towards me. She drops her phone so that I can pick it up.

She got the same message as me, but her's said "Come out with your hands up and nothing happens to Noah." Those bastards...