Everything Tells a Story

Special - Noah POV:

About 2 hours after Derek left, my uncle and father sit there laughing and shit, but I'm actually wondering where Derek went. Sorry, I should formally introduce myself. Derek's older cousin, Noah Montgomery. Yes, I'm adopted or whatever you want to call it. My parents worked for Aiden, and they were decently close. I mean they were close enough that we lived in the mansion.

When Derek would come and visit, I'd play with him. I was about 10 when we met, he was 5. He might not have been my age, but he was a smart ass kid. As we got older, I was now 17 and Derek was 12, we were under attack. Derek and I got moved to Uncle Ian's which is about 6 hours by drive. When we got news that it was safe, we went back. But what I heard, was pretty damn heart breaking. My parents died protecting my father. The least my father could do was take me in.

"Any idea where Derek went?" I speak up.

"He was probably to fucking embarrassed." My father laughs. I can't help but chuckle a little bit. But I notice my uncle not laughing.

"I think he went where he's been going every other hour for 36 hours." Uncle Ian says.

"Where might that be?" I scoff.

"Checking on the girl who took a bullet for him."

Holt shit! She took a damn bullet for his dumbass! I didn't think anybody had the balls for that.

I get up and run upstairs looking for the room Derek's in.

"Derek?! You idiotic bitch?!" I laugh.

I finally crack open the door of the correct room. I see something I never thought my cousin would do. He has the girl in his arms. I walk in the room, and see the girl awake, but Derek asleep.

"He hasn't been sleeping well, so let him sleep." She whispers to me. I smile at her, and she lays back down. I go over to her side of the bed. I should formally introduce myself, right?

"Hey, I heard what you did for him. Thank you." I whisper to her.

"It was least I could do. It was my fault after all."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It was my ex who tried to kill him. Then I came in and did some hero shit. I saw someone have gun pointed at Derek, so I pushed him. I don't remember anything after that, except Derek telling me I was going to be fine."

"Wow."

"Yeah. I'm Aria by the way." She says holding her hand out.

"Noah, Derek's cousin." I say shaking her hand. Her hand feels hot to the touch. I feel her forehead.

"You have a fever." I say.

"Side effect of the drugs. I was high earlier. I forget everything that happened, because I fell asleep about an hour ago, but woke back up 20 minutes before you came back in here."

"Oh, well I'll let you sleep. I hope you get well soon."

"Thanks, Noah." I leave and shut the door behind me. A bullet. God damn. Bless Aria.

Aria's POV:

After Noah leaves, I lay back on Derek's chest. Noah seems nice. I grab Derek's free hand and hold it tight. My head hurts so fucking bad! God damn! I throw the blankets off me due to sweating. Derek twitches and opens his eyes.

"Aria, you're burning."

"I know, side effect of the drugs."

"Are you okay, do you need me to get you something?" Derek says sitting up.

"I hate to ask, but can you get me some water please?"

"Of course, preziosa." Derek says standing up. He walks around to the dresser the bottled water is on. He grabs the straw that's right next to it. He walks back over and helps me sit up. I take small slow sips. Sorrow fills Derek's eyes. I get it, he feels bad, but it was my choice to take the bullet, I knew what I was doing.

"Thanks." I say.

Derek gets up and puts the water back on the dresser. Derek lays down, and then I do. We're in the same position, only this time, Derek falls asleep, 10 minutes later, resting his head on the top of mine. I fall asleep shortly after Derek, but I fall asleep to his steady heart beat. He's not all that heartless after all...

The next morning, Noah walks in. I stay asleep and so does Derek. But that time is soon very shortened. Noah walks up and slaps Derek, hard. Derek jumps causing me to jump.

"I have a gun!" I yelp. Noah just laughs hysterically. Derek stand up and slaps him right back, but harder.

"Ow, what the hell?" Noah laughs. Derek keeps the same expression. I sit there frozen in my place.

"Hall, now." Derek says.

I can't hear much.

"She's fucking fragile!"

"Derek, calm the fuck down."

I don't catch what Derek says next, or what Noah says, their voices are too hush.

"Well how in the hell was I supposed to know that shit?!" Noah says.

"That's not what I'm fucking saying!"

I don't catch the rest of the conversation, but Derek walks back in the room, while Noah goes the other way.

"Sorry, preziosa. He's an ass."

"It's okay." I giggle.

"I'll check on you later, preziosa."

"Bye." I say smiling.

Derek kisses my forehead.

"A slight fever, but you should be fine."

"Okay."

Derek turns and leaves the room. I just continue my boring routine. Watch You, wait for Derek, and sleep. God damn do I miss Rowan, she could have me feeling better in no time. I decide to turn the TV back on and watch some more You. I wonder what Derek does without me?