Explanations

Derek's POV:

Aria gets situated in the living, continuing small-talk with my dad while I follow close behind. I wish I could know how she manages to make an awkward situation seem not so awkward. Aria deserves a reward for that, honestly.

"Okay, let's cut the bullshit, Ian, why am I here?" Aria asks, her tone still polite. My father shifts in his seat before looking down at the ground.

"You'll know with time. From here on out, you're not to leave the property without Derek, myself, or as you know, Ryder," My father hesitantly lays out the ground-rules for Aria. Her face displays pure disgust as Ryder's name is mentioned. Aria crosses her arms and scoffs.

"So I'm being held captive? You think my father won't find ou-," Aria gets cut off by my father.

"Your father isn't in any position to help you, Aria. You will be treated well under my roof, I swear it," My father says, his tone monotoned and dry. Aria sinks down in the couch, visibly bothered. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some business to take care of."

Aria doesn't reply. Giving up, she just shakes her head in disbelief. I wish we were allowed to tell her about her mother, but she warned us very clearly. If we didnt oblige to all the rules, she was going to kill Aria's father. That man doesn't deserve to be wrapped up in this horse shit.

My father stands up from the couch, shooting me a quick glance before walking out of the room. My hand traces the black, leather couch before plopping down next to Aria. She scoots away from me, but I scoot right along with her.

"Fuck off, Derek," Aria snaps, her eyes shooting daggers as if they'll penetrate my heart. They did. She looks at me with pure disgust, almost as if I'm Ryder.

"Fine. We're going upstairs then. We have a room already set up for you," I tell Aria, my tone flat and simple. Aria rolls her eyes before standing up and stomping towards the stairs. This woman will be the death of me. I just wish this could all be easier. The last thing I want is to hurt her.

    Aria and I take a trip upstairs to her grand bedroom with a master bath and two closets. I even had the room painted a beige color since I know she's fond of that color. I want her to be as comfortable as I can possibly make her. Aria is a beautiful woman who doesn't deserve any of this, the least I can do is make her feel safe and comforted.

Aria examines the room from top to bottom, looking everywhere her eyes can reach. For a second, I think I hear her gasp in admiration. Her room is the biggest in the house aside from my father's. This was my room, but I want her to have it.

"What about clothes?" Aria asks as she looks in the empty closets. I walk towards her and she spins around to face me.

"You can order them online from wherever you want, or if there's somewhere you want to go shopping, consider it done," I explain, using my right hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. Aria doesn't smack my hand away, but she doesn't seem too thrilled about my actions either. It's as if her emotions are in limbo.

"Well, thank you for that," Aria thanks me before trying to walk me, but I find myself stopping her with my extended arm.

"Aria, I know you don't believe me, but I truly didn't want this to happen this way," I whisper, my face inches from Aria's. She continues to hold eye contact with me, her face giving so many mixed expressions. She seems lost. Her emotions are like wandering souls in the underworld.

"I know," Aria replies simply, her face turning slightly red. I give Aria a soft smile before planting a small kiss on her forehead. She doesn't fight it or even argue with the action. "I'm gonna get some sleep... see you in the morning."

Slowly, I lower my arm with a nod. "Goodnight, preziosa."

    The next morning, I head to the kitchen to get myself some breakfast, but instead I'm greeted with a face full of ass.

"Scarlett, what in the fuck?" I question the petite, black haired woman in front of me. She's in nothing but black Nike shorts that have her ass hanging out of them with a large t-shirt, and a long t-shirt she stole from me. Her flat chest isn't even visible, although that's not what Scarlett typically advertises.

"Now is that anyway to greet a guest, let alone a woman?" Scarlett looks at me with her lustful brown eyes. Scarlett is a sex addict. By book definition, the woman in front of me is a sex addict. I guess I'm partially to blame for it any how. Scarlett also says all the time that it was sex with me that made her the way that she is. I brushed it off like it was nothing at first, but that statement proved to be true later on.

"What the hell are you doing in my house, let alone dressed like that? Are you trying to seduce me?" I ask, making my way to the fridge.

Before I can make it to the fridge, Scarlett wraps her arms around the back of me, hands traveling to the front and down my stomach. My body reacts differently than my mind, my dick getting hard. I don't want this though. I don't want her.

"Scarlett..." I let out a breath as she kisses my back.

"Please, Derek, let me please you," Scarlett begs from behind me. I don't want this.

"No."

"Please."

"Scarlett," I say her name firmly, but not firmly enough as she reaches into my pants.

"Derek," She giggles as she begins touching me. I don't know what to do. Do I let her continue and not hurt her, or do I risk hurting her? I don't know. I can't see any good ending to this.

"He said no," Another voice echoes from the hall. It's almost as if I have a guardian angel as Aria walks in the kitchen.

"And who the fuck might you be?" Scarlett asks bitterly.

"She's my fiance," I reply. Both womens' jaws hit the floor. I guess that's one way to break the news...