chapter 16

Anaïs

Did I ever mention how alarm clocks are not my type.

Goodness.

Grabbing the phone next to my bed I snooze the whole shit and ended up sleeping ten more minutes.

Jerking up fast when I felt hands on my face I saw him trying to wake me up  and he was failing terribly.

He then started screaming mama and I rolled my eyes.

When he saw that I was awake he flashed me a grin.

Goodness.

Shaking my head I sat up then carried him to the bed where he gave me a shoe of mine.

Where did he even find this.

We ended up doing our morning  routine and today I was too late to make for this young  man some good breakfast so I did avocado toast and handed him a cup of milk.

When he was done he ran to get his practically empty bag and came back dragging it.

Why wasn't my boy growing tall.

Chucking I took it from him after scolding him and telling to always take care of things then he gave me his hand looking away from me.

Yeah sometimes he was like that.

He would stop meeting my eyes whenever I tell him that he is wrong.

I came to notice that he never liked seeing me mad or sad or even angry.

He was such a tiny gentleman.

Sighing I took his hand led him outside then locked the house.

When I looked at the time it was really not that late and since there was no traffic I wanted to take him personally to his class just so that I would spend more time with him.

When we reached there some other kids were also being dropped there some running to their classes without their parents and some walking along  their parents to class.

I parked my car in the parking lot then came out.
I walked to Cyril's side and took him out then after took out his bag.

His mood seemed to have brightened compared to how he was when we were leaving the house.

He seemed excited today when I told him in that car that I was going to his class today for a while then go to work.

He told me that he was going to show me his friend called 'nona' 'nina' 'nana' well I couldn't get which one it was.

The teacher who was usually there to pick kids who weren't accompanied by their parents greeted me with a smile and I did the same then continued walking with Cyril.

He was literally dragging me to his class when we reached in the hall.

Damn it was noisy.

When we reached his class he first stood at the entrance scanning the whole class and when he found who he was looking for his eyes lighted up.

When she also saw him she stood up carrying a lunch box.

Along with another girl and two more boys.

Oh he already  formed a gang of his own.

I was amused and when I looked at them I saw how he let go of my hand and went to join them.

"Well then Cyril  I'm going" I said looking at my boy and when he heard my words he turned back to me with his gang or should I say his little squad.