chapter 20

Anaïs

"Hello?" I answered the phone as I looked at the work on my computer.

"Hey Ana" the voice on the ender answered back sniffing.

I tensed up.

"He is dead and she is in a coma" she said and I almost dropped the phone.

"Malia stop joking with me girl.
She is pregnant for goodness sake!" I said exclaiming.

If this was a prank I would kill her

" I'm sending you the address of he hospital I'm heading there right now." She said then cut the phone.

I woke up at four in the morning and I wondered what was up.
After going to the washroom and looking at myself in the mirror I tried to go back to sleep for the two remaining hours but I could not.

I twisted and turned and went up in every sleeping position possible but I could not sleep at all.

Something was probably wrong so I woke up and went to check on Cyril.

He was okay.
In fact this boy was snoring in my bed.

That's how the people who dont pay rent to do.

I went in the living room and switched on the lights and nothing seemed odd or out of place.

Instead of switching them off I wandered in the kitchen which was perfectly arranged just like how I left it.

I went to sit in the living room.

It was quiet except the sound of the branches outside cause by the wind.

Today Mandine and her future husband would be leaving to go to Canada meaning no more partying on their behalf since she found out she was pregnant just last week in which she called me and Malia on a group call to tell us.

I was overjoyed for her and the only thing I could do.

I spent the rest of those two hours meditating until Cyril decided that it would be fun to come and scare me.

He emerged out of no where stating that my alarm was too loud according to his blabbering.

At the age of three my son still didnt know how to talk right but since my mom told me that it was completely okay for him not to know how to say or pronounce words correctly at three I was at ease and now what I had to do was litsen attentively to him.

I immediately went to switch it off and told him to go back to sleep in which he refused to.

It was too early for him to be up and since he didnt want to go back to sleep he would sleep in class instead which was wrong.

"If your teacher tells me that you were sleeping in class again.
I'll whoop your little butt. No jokes"  I said looking at him and I knew he understood because he nodded his little head looking at me.

"So no sleeping in class?" I said looking at him who stared back at me with those adorable green eyes.

"Yesh" he said drawing out his little pinky finger tell me that he pinky promised.

I laughed then joined my finger with his.

"Okay baby now let's go shower.
Today I'm making for you toast and bacon since we are early" I said lifting him up as he clapped his tiny hands and smiled.

Atleast he liked eating.

I ended up making for him eggs toast and bacon in which we ate in silence and as always I forced him to drink a glass of milk.