chapter 19

Anaïs

The following day I spent half of my day looking at the backed up files of the former CFO who happened to actually be a genius.

How he was stealing money using ties with other companies still went beyond my mind.

Clearing my head I sipped on the glass of water that had been sitting next to me for a few minutes.

I feared that I would accidentally spill it on the table so I drowned all of it and walked to place it back to the dispenser.

While going back to sit back on my desk the door swung open and the most unexpected person walked inside the office.

She closed the door behind her and slowly walked inside my office.

"Uumm... good afternoon?" It even sounded more like a question in my ears and I could swear that I saw her smile.

Okay creepy.

"Oh how rude of me my name is Isabella Wellens" she said extending her hand as she moved towards my direction.

I was still standing in the same spot and I returned with a small smile.

"Anaïs Mayers" I fit my hand in hers.

She had really soft hands.

"Lucas' cousin" she said again this time looking at me straight in the eyes.

Oh great.
It seems like his bloodline follows me everywhere.

She had grey curious eyes.
And as she mentioned that she was his cousin she squeezed my hand a little bit too hard may I add.

"And I am the new Chief Financial Officer.
I got promoted yesterday" I said with a small smile then drew my hand out of her grip.

What was up with this pregnant woman.

"I'm also the Chief Operating Officer" she said and her hand rested on her side.

My brows rose.

What did this woman want anyways.

"Okay may I help you with anything?
Maybe a glass of water since I dont have anything to drink in the office and in the mean time you might state the purpose of your visit maybe?" I said plastering a fake smile.

She looked at me again.
Searching for my eyes.

For what.
I had no idea.

"Wouldn't that just be great?" She stated  sarcastically.
"But no thanks.
I actually came to ask you if you had lunch. I would like us to go through a few things and maybe I can tell you a few rules that the men on the top floor forgot to mention" she said looking at me as her mood changed from bitchy to totally friendly.

What the heck.
What was up with these hormones.

"Well maybe next time.
I already had lunch and I assure you that if I have a question I shall ask you or Mr Regonzili" I said proceeding to walk back to my desk.

"Well it's good to see you again.
Maybe next time?" She asked looking at as I sat down.

She intensely stared at me and if I had a serious weak bone in me I would have backed down.

But I was the big dog.

"Definetly" I said with a dismissal tone.

I kept my glasses back on and stared at the computer screen secretly waiting for her footsteps to fade and my door to close.
And when I finally heard all that I exhaled a breath and a big amount of air I didnt know that I was holding in.