chapter 31

Anaïs

The hard thing that followed everytime I went out of this house was coming back.
The fact that my heart got broken three days ago and having to live with the person who caused it made my muscles ache from a pain I did not know existed until a few days ago.

"Landry?" I asked looking at the person who just entered the restaurant and I couldnt help it but bulge my eyes out.

What the hell.

Looking at Malia who had a knowing smirk I groaned palming my face.
Why the hell would she do this to me.

"Hello ladies" the soothing voice said making me look at him straight in the face.
Holy shit he looked better than when I last saw him.

He rose a brow waiting for me to hug him and fuck I did not even hesitate to do so.
Pushing the chair behind i brought my arms out and threw myself into his embrace inhaling his scent and I shut my eyes feeling like I was back in college.

We stayed in that position a little bit longer than necessary and I smiled when Malia cleared her throat indicating that she was still around too.

I left his embrace with a chuckle as he went to Malia for a hug then pulled a chair sitting next to me.

Why.
Why the hell would he do that. I mentally groaned and I groaned even louder when he placed his hand at the back of my seat.

You might wonder who Landry is. Well Landry was my college fling. Yes college fling nothing more nothing less and as much as I wanted to keep him around after I was done studying we werent friends so we had to part ways.

That was probably two years ago and now I sat next to the guy who had my whole body for the four years that I spent in college.
Fuck.

You would think that I would have moved on from that but with the recent events that just happened and how my heart felt I was definetly not going to crave a man's attention for a very long time.
I was just exhausted.

But that did not mean that sitting next to him did not bring memories. Do not get me wrong. We agreed that there would be no feelings between us and that was how it went.

"So what is the special occasion you called me for?" The man asked making me look at him after I was lost in my thoughts.

Nodding my head in understanding I mentioned for Malia to start and she opened her laptop going on explaining to him what we were up to.

"Your brother really failed to do this?" He asked puzzled as he looked at the screen that showed us bank accounts.
Multiple of them.

Damn the bitch was loaded.

"Yes" I said looking at him and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"If we get past this she will get notified and we might be traced. These are hightly protected" he said looking at the screen and I nodded.
I had no intentions to do that. Just wanted to prove a point.

"But we can monitor them right?" I asked looking at him and he nodded.

"Yes we can and we will know which one receives money and which one she withdraws from and we will know whenever a transaction is made." He said looking at me and I nodded. I was really happy that we were far from any one who could hear our illegal activities that were going on.

"But if they suspect anything and change the password we will be logged out completely" I said looking at him scrutinizing him indirectly telling him that the work we did was half close to zero.

He confirmed it with a yes and I sighed.

"So what? We will be careful and make sure we dont get detected but most of all we dont tamper with any of her accounts" Malia said and we both nodded.