chapter 40

Anaïs

"What the fuck is this Lucas it has been a month since you said a single word to me.
What games are we playing here" I asked barging in his room which was brightly lit due to the amount of lights that graced it and his figure completely turned to look at me.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me then closed his laptop giving me his full attention.

"It has been three days since we sat down and talked and the last time I talked to you was yesterday" he calmly stated looking at me and the amusement that was dancing in his eyes could not go missed.

So he found this funny.

"Bullshit" I dramatically exclaimed averting my gaze from him as I looked elsewhere but him.

He chuckled.

I really couldn't stand the tension in the house for more than twelve hours and he did not even bother to come check on me before he left in the morning.

I had to chase Malia away because of how not fine I am according to her and she was refusing to leave even when Lucas was here.
As if I was going to allow her to stay another second after I spent almost half of the day with her.

It was awkward too at first with her until she told me that she does not regret telling Lucas I was with Landry.

I did not blame her but then again she needed to keep her nose out of my business or not.
I hated how brutally honest she was and as much as I wanted her out of my business we kept each other in check and I am surprised at how little she complains about Ethan.

I only heard her twice.
Twice.

Walking to where he was with his laptop I sat on the edge of the bed away from him since it was a king sized bed and I looked at him.

He then looked at me up and and down from the big T-shirt I had to tie a knot of to my booty shorts and bare legs.

Goosebumps appeared on my arms from the intensity of his stare.
"You enjoying yourself?" I asked a smirk playing on my lips and his gaze snapped back to mine and he whispered a yes making my smirk disappear.

"Are you ready to tell me why the hell you went to your ex now?" He asked looking at me daring me to say no and I exhaled loudly before him.

"Only if you tell me what your mother told you" I replied back and it was like he was expecting that answer too because he agreed to quickly making me furrow my eyes.

Did he plan all this in his head now.

Looking at him I started explaining to him that Landry was not my ex matter of fact there was barely any relationship between us.
It was just casual sex when I was still in school. I couldn't even call it friends with benefits because we werent friends at all during that time.

So basically he was not my ex because there was never any relationship between us and the only thing that happened when I went to hang out with him was eating and watching a movie.

"Sounds like something romantic to me" I heard him murmur to himself and I gave him an amused look.

"Baby are you jealous? There is nothing going between me and him and I doubt that he barely has any feelings towards me too.
Its purely platonic" I explained to him and he looked at me and sighed.

Come on.

"Seriously babe?" I asked looking at him and he gave me an innocent look.
I did not blame him for being jealous but he needed to know that I was inlove with him and him alone.

Yes exactly what I said.
Then it hit me.
Oh shit I was inlove with Lucas Regonzili and deep down in me I knew that there was no turning back.