chapter 34

Anaïs

"Ansil damn it. I do not want to go back home to her. Blow her brains up right now" I said through the phone to my brother who did not bother to even calm me down instead he kept quiet.

"Ansil!" I said again and when I heard a laugh at the other end I huffed then cut the call.

Sitting back down at my failed talk with my brother I ran a hand over my slicked hair then breathed out loudly.
I was getting no where.

Taking the phone again I dialed his number again and as if he expected me to call back again he answered the phone on the second ring.

This time I hopped that he would be up to talk.
Oh he was.

"When did the mysterious calls stop?" He went straight to the point and I was glad his crappy ass was cooperating this time.

The question however made me go into a halt for a second.

"Before you guys gathered in my house to force me out" I said this time my mind clear.

"Exactly and guess what I noticed!" He said like an excited child who just won a dozen of candy.
I couldn't blame him.

However i did not answer him or match his excitement. I was ready to be hit by information strong enough to send me into a coma again.

Okay that was a little bit exaggerated.

"So I couldn't trace the cell phone since it was a burner but I figured out that the person was using the same number but different sim cards.
Meaning that he or she probably had the number reserved." He said making me nodd at the new information that I was getting but he was not finished.

"I also figured out that the call used to from one exact location now the funny thing is that it's an alley and almost abandoned" he said making bite the inside of my lip to stop myself from yelling.

Why was all this happening to me honestly.

"Now you wouldnt believe where the alley is." He said chuckling and I could feel my stomach dropping when it hit me how set up we had been.

"The same place I found my first proof after we were tailed.
The place where I got that girl to interrogate for answers after their SUV was almost destroyed" I said and I could feel him nodding at the other end of the call.

"We were set up" we both said at the same time and I chuckled.
How pathetic of me.

"So this also leads to a dead end again" I said sighing and he did the same.

After that we talked for a few more minutes later we cut the call and I threw my phone on the couch feeling mentally exhausted.

How could we be this oblivious.
But then again it was all set up nicely.
No trails.
No damn evidence.

After I drowned a glass of milk from the fridge I walked back to my phone to the couch where I threw my phone then picked it up again.
The house was quiet and the silence was driving me insane.

I needed to start doing something or else I would go crazy and that was what I did exactly.

I went to find something to do.
After I took a shower and kept on some proper outfit to go to the library so that I could continue from where my brother left off I grabbed my laptop phone and car keys then punched in the location of the nearest library yet far.

I wanted to drive for some time just to clear my mind and rethink of what my mother had told me after she was done interviewing the girl.
Well more like drilling holes for her bone marrow.