chapter 21

Anaïs

I knew I had a test to study for but not once did Vincent ever take a no for an answer.

To be honest I did not know how Mandine kept up with him but how he got me outside on a freezing night it was probably going to snow anyways.

Mandine wa holding on to Vincent as they walked and Pable along with Jay walked behind as me and Malia walked in the middle.

We were from a restaurant where we took dinner and finished our money on cheap alcohol to see who would get wasted first and since we were just college students trying to make money and our way through we didnt even buy enough beer to get our asses drunk before the money got finished.

The only good thing was that we were full and we knew we were safe in this dimly lit alley filled with garbage and cats since we had two boys behind and infront.

We were loud may I add and as we walked we talked even more but at some point when one of us ran out of jokes or stories we would shut up for a minute until one of us comes up with another dry joke to keep us laughing until atleast we reach one of our places

We continued walking by until the meowing of cats started to sound more like baby cries in my ears.

I knew I was tipsy so probably my ears might have been betraying me.
So I continued walking.

But something definetly something inside me told me to stop and I did and Jay asked why I stopped and I mention him to keep quiet.

There it is.
I heard it again.

About three feet away there were garbage cans and atleast two stray cats bawled themselves there trying to keep themselves warm.

"Shit!" I exclaimed quickly moving back until I reached where those garbage cans were.

"One of you come help me remove these" I shouted for the five people who stood away from me watching me like I was mad.

Vincent turned and asked me what I was doing.
I responded telling him to come help me and him with pablo came.

I heard the cry again.
There was definetly a baby in here.

"Is that an infant I hear!?" Vincent said and tears welled up in my eyes

If we dont get to the bay fast it might die

"Faster!" I mentioned for the boy who were helping me and there it was.

Behind two huge garbage cans and three garbage bags.

A baby.

"Shit shit shit" vincent said removing his fur coat then kept it around the baby as I held it in my hands.

"Oh my goodness.
Who the hell would do this in their right mind" Pablo said looking at the infant who was now struggling to cry

It was cold.

"Someone order an uber.
He or she needs to go to the hospital!" I exclaimed looking at the boys.

Who would throw away a baby.
Especially when its freezing.

In fucking November.

Anger rose in me and for the first time I stared in the face of the tiny human being in my hands.

His face was so pale.
He looked sick and to be exact I still had no idea if this was a boy or a girl.

"It's two minutes away.
Litsen I know a short cut to get to the main road where I set the location pin
If we hurry we will be ontime" Malia said as we started approaching them