Chapter 24

Anaïs

"Rise and shine bitch" I heard a foreign voice in my room as the lights in my room became bright from dimming and making disappear whatever sleep I had left in me.

"What the fuck" I said groaning rubbing my eyes.

"Yes wake up" she said standing over me in a long skirt with some bralette and a heavy jacket.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking at Malia who looked unrecognisable.

"To see you.
Now wake up"  she said sitting on my bed and unstrapped the heels that she still had on.

I was literally naked in this room and she was lucky that she knew where to switch off my bulgar alarm before I smashed her to death.

"Its three forty five in the morning what do you possibly want me to wake up for" I said groaning as I looked at her.

"I'm scared" she finally admitted looking at me.

That made me alert.

"What's wrong?" I asked sitting down then remembered that I had no shirt on so I walked to the drawer and took out one of the shirts Lucas left in my house.

She looked at the shirt weirdly then gave a small smirk.

She still looked uncomfortable but this time a little relaxed.

I sat next to her as I looked at her.

"What happened" I asked softly this time.

"My house was trashed when I came back." She said looking at me.

My heart skipped a beat.
"Come on tell me you are lying" I said looking at her.

"I'm not" she said shaking her head.

I felt my heart skip even more.

I kept quiet so that she could tell me more.
Something detailed.

"Since I looked miserable according to Ethan he decided to force me out of the house and I'm actually happy that he did.
He saved my ass out there or I would probably  be dead by now."

I took in a sharp breath.

"So when we came back to my place it was around thirty minutes ago because I had told him that I didnt want to spend the night at his place and he didnt argue.
When we reached there the door was wide open and he told me not to go inside because I had locked it before and the streets were empty so with my heart hammering I stayed in the car and literally begged him not to enter or go check inside the house but he refused saying that he is going to check but he did that after calling the police.

When he went inside and came back safe he told me that he was sure that there was no one inside but I wouldn't like the sight of the house.

To be honest at that point I was angry and I wondered why the police wasnt there so I went out of the car but I remember that before he came out of the house I think I saw a figure come out of the three two houses away from my neighbour's house and I really didnt think about it neither did I tell the police but thinking about it right now what would someone be doing out at three in the morning in this weather and behind trees." She said looking at me.

My heart hammered even more.
I was speechless.
I seriously didnt know what to answer her and then I remembered the file I took.

Something was not adding up.

A lone tear slid down her cheek and she brought her head on my shoulder.

"I'm really scared
What if I'm next? Or you?" She added gasping.