chapter 30

Anaïs

I was woken up by the sounds of the birds that were chirping rather loudly and I groaned out loud.
The alarm on my phone had not gone out yet and I groaned when hunger struck me.

Well that's what you get for eating one meal a day.
When I noticed that I was naked in the bed I chuckled then grabbed the towel that I had thrown down and went to my closet.

It was eight thirty in the morning meaning that Lucas left thirty minutes ago and I breathed in as contentment filled my whole body because I knew that I was going to have one hell of a breakfast meal.

Margaret was in meaning that if I asked her for breakfast she would make it for me with a smile on her face. She hated whenever I did not take breakfast which was every other day of the week since I got here but today would be an exception.

Throwing on a shirt with a happy smile I opened my door then skidded down the stairs going to ask for breakfast and I regretted it the moment I got there.

What was he doing here.

Rolling my eyes at the man that suddenly made my heart beat faster than how it was beating I closed my eyes as Margaret called my name her voice full of life.

You see. This was why I was grateful that she was ever around because she seemed like nothing would ruin her mood.

The man who was occupying one of the seats on the island looked at me while holding a cup of something that I could smell as coffee.
When Margaret saw my face she furrowed her eyebrows then asked me what was wrong.

Was I that obvious.

He did not say anything instead he observed me.
Asshole. The man couldn't even apologise.
I couldn't even say his name that's how much I hated him.

"What maggy I just woke up. Ofcourse my face is going to be like this" I said then passed past the man whose cologne surrounded the whole house.

When she saw me go to the fridge she watched me and I knew she would know that something was wrong if she kept watching me like how she was doing.
It seemed like she wasnt the only one doing so however.

"Can I get a big breakfast today?" I asked her as I drowned the lemonade in the glass and she rose her brows.

"Something is definitely wrong" she said then gave me her back going to prepare the breakfast and I was left with my shocked face.

Couldn't I just have breakfast without anyone thinking that something was wrong.
I just want to be happy

The man however did not say a word instead kept on watching me and when I started getting tired and uncomfortable I snapped saying 'what' towards his direction and he shook his head not uttering a word.

"I thought so." I murmured then finished my glass of water.
When Lucas was done he slammed the mug on the counter making me roll my eyes and took his briefcase leaving.

"You are late asshole" I almost said it outloud which made me cringe. What would he think plus he was the boss anyway.

"Here is your breakfast darling" Margaret said placing a plate of toasted sliced of bread that has melted cheese on them. Scrambled eggs bacon and two sausages and I couldn't help but smile at the heaven that sat on the two plates and a bowl.

When I was done digging in which didnt take me more than ten minutes I sat there for a good two minutes feeling like a pregnant kangaroo and I smiled.

Maggy watched me the whole time then shook her head with a smile.
"Malia is coming in less than an hour" I said more to myself then quickly stood up so that I could be done with showering and getting ready by the time she comes here.