chapter 39

Anaïs

I was wondering how long it would take to finally come in here" the voice said straddling in my steps making me silently gasp.

What now.

Carefully placing down the basket of clothes I had in my hands I walked up to him where he was leaning on the glass door observing me.
Like I was his prey.

"Do you mind telling me why the hell you are acting like a child whose candy was snatched away?" I asked him folding my hands when I was close enough to him and he looked down at me.
His eyes boring into mine challenging.

Oh how fun.

He did not respond immediately instead he kept quiet his gaze still boring in mine as he tried to bring emotions out of me.

And goodness was he succeeding.

"Do you see how helpless you feel right now? That was how I was feeling the whole time after I was called that my mother was in the house by Maggy!" He said looking at me and his voice rose when he stated Maggy's name.

Oh so that was the reason he was mad.
Because I did not call him.

"I was handling the situation" I stated my voice void of any emotion as I tried to hide them.
It was working until he talked again.

"By being slapped and you chocking her in the process. Yeah you were and the funny thing is that you did not even call me after it had to be my father and Malia.
Why!?" His voice boomed when it came to the last part making me jump a little.

Oh he was one to talk.
Fucking son of a bitch.

"The same reason you did not call or talk to me when you were from confronting your mother" I said in a normal leveled voice raising my face to look at him again.
This time he was not expecting such an answer which made his lips clamp tight and he clenched his jaw.

He then chuckled.
Oh please remind me what was funny again.

Nothing.

"That is different you know it!" He said looking at me anger swirling in his orbs making me invisibly swallow.

Oh great.
We were both angry now.

"Oh yeah please elaborate because I am failing to understand you" I said throwing my hands in the air at his pathetic attempt to defend himself in which resulted to him narrowing his eyes at me with a daring look.

"You could have been harmed and for goodness sake this is my fucking house you are living in! I should be the first know when someone unexpected is inside it and specifically by you not someone else" he said sternly.
Using the voice he used the first few days I stayed working for making my breath hitch.

Why did I feel so emotional allover sudden.
What got into him and why the hell was he talking to me like that.

Shaking my head at the words be said I turned on my heel to go back to my basket.
He was right. This was his house afterall and no matter what this was not my house I had felt too comfortable to the point of where it slipped out of my mind.

"You are right this is your house and I'm moving out in a week" I stated with my back to him then finally closed the door leaving the tension that had occupied the room.

I could feel my lip quiver as I replayed the tone that he used on me.
How dare he.

How the fuck could he dare to try and talk to me like that.

Dropping the basket in my room I sighed closing my eyes and they snapped open when I heard my phone vibrate on the bed.

"Hello?" I answered the phone trying to sound as if I was not about to cry and my voice disappointed me big time.