chapter 36

Anaïs

"Baby I'll see you later today" I heard the man whisper then felt a kiss on my forehead making me smile.

"I should be sleeping in your room more often" I rasped out after the kiss as he stood straight and I could feel him smiling even though my eyes were closed.

"You should have been sleeping here from the time you came in this house" he stated making me chuckle and as much as I wanted to have a good and nice conversation with him I needed my beauty sleep so that I could properly function later on in the day when I start working.

"Have a nice day baby" I said turning giving him my back and I heard him chuckle before the door closed and I couldnt feel his presence anymore.

I later woke up one hour after he left feeling fresher than how I was feeling.
I took a shower and when I was done I changed into some shorts and a comfortable shirt then walked in my room to get my laptop and phone.

The house was quiet this time since Margaret did not come in today and I was left to litsen to the sound of birds chirping.
Opening the curtains to let in the light grabbed my glass of lemon water and went back to the couch so that I could start my work.

I wanted to go over the video footage that I was sent from Marcus' hacker and to be honest when I did call Marcus I did not expect him to have one but who ran a company with no backup plans.

It was legit.
Looked legit with the timing the second and everything and the best part was that I could zoom into the video and the camera angle was pointed directly into Mona's face.

Now you might probably be wondering why the hell I still had my son staying at my parents' place after everything that my aunt told me two days ago.

The answer was simple.
They could protect him to the level of where I couldn't.

He was safer there and as much as i wanted to believe that my parents would do something to my son like what they did to me I knew they couldn't.

He was not of age anyways.
As much as I was defending them I still had rage in me and avoiding their phone calls was becoming quiet hectic.

My parents were trained assassins.

I bet you did not expect that.

Well technically ex undercover assassins who were basically not known.
That was the reason my parents insisted that I should have training classes both me and my brother and made sure we were good shooters.

My brother aced his shooting tests like no one's business but I on the other hand prefered hand to hand combat and a little icing of knives.
The big disadvantage I had when it came to combat was that as a small woman when I had big opponents especially built men well that was another story.

I know shocking right.

My parents used to be in an agency that had hightly trained assassins and they met when my mother and her twin were recruited.
For almost two years my parents tried to work together but we all know what happens when you mix business and feelings and most specifically pleasure.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

My parents knew they couldn't continue like how they were doing and after two years they decided to quit.
The good thing about the agency was that your privacy was yours and you were guaranteed pure immunity and protection.

Most of the reasons why it was like that it was because assassins really had a short life span.
Most of them died in the mission or had injuries that left them lying in beds for years.