chapter 35

Anaïs

We did not take my car to go home.
We did not because I couldnt even find it in me to search my pockets for my car keys.

"Are you sure you want to go home?" She asked putting air quoted to the word home since it was the place I had been staying in for some time.

Lucas's home.
At the moment the house was home and he was definitely going to be my home for some long ass time.

I did not answer her.
My silence was the answer since i did not protest.

Many thoughts were running in my mind. Racing with each other and so many emotions entangled with them to the point of where one couldnt settle.

I did not have tears to cry.
I couldnt seem to hold anger long enough and confusion was clouding all of my head.

Did lucas know he had a child that I called my own.
Did he even know where I found the child or did she throw her baby away to die in a cold winter night.

Shaking my head I closed my eyes trying to settle my emotions.

"They wont let me pass through these gates" she said as she stood infront of a gate and the guard refused to open for a car he was not informed of or was not aware of.

"When he sees me he will open" I said then rose my head high enough for my face to be see through the windshield and when he caught a glimpse of my face he nodded then signaled the other guards to open.

We drove for five more minutes into the estate until we reached my home.
The place that granted me comfort inside its four walls.

"Thanks" I said opening the door gathering all the strength left in me to try and get the hell away from this woman.

"Wont you invite me in?" She asked with a smile on her face probably hopping that I would return it or worse invite her inside my house.

I almost chuckled.

"Dont push it" I said then slammed the door shut and started walking towards the gate of the house.

"Baby why is the house this dark?" Lucas asked as he entered inside the house closing the front door.

It was six thirty and the sun was down completely but it was not as dark outside meaning that little light still shone in the house casting shadows on everything in it.
Including me who sat on the couch a bottle of beer infront of me as I tried to process everything that  I was told.

No it couldn't be.

"Come sit down Lucas." I demanded and when he heard the tone of my voice he did not say anything instead he switched on the lights then took a good look at me.

"Have you been crying?" He asked as he rushed to my side and I avoided the question.

Was it that obvious.

"Seriously sit down. I got some shocking news" I said chucking not even believing that I called it shocking news.

After that he did not ask anymore questions instead he sat.
Waiting for the so shocking news.

I was about to crush his heart badly.
But he needed to know.

"You have a child" I stated and he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

The man did not even protest and that assured my assumptions of how confused he was.
When he did not answer me I grabbed my phone then showed him a picture of Cyril and his eyes lit up.

He then asked me if I was giving him legal papers to adopt him and I responded that I wished.
I was not entirely sure on how to break the news to him so I started by asking about any exes he had with serious relationships.