chapter 18

Anaïs

I heard an owl and groaned.
What now.

Next to me laid a body and a very familiar scent filled my nose making me wonder why I was hallucinating.

The room was dimly lit and when I fully opened my eyes I took in the surroundings.
Eventhough I knew that the room looked familiar it definitely wasn't mine.

Oh hell no.

A very deep in slumber Lucas slept next to me his hand around me and I silently cursed.

What the fuck was I doing here

Looking at where my clothes were I found them after rummaging through his living and bedroom then found where I dropped my phone and purse.

I definitely needed to ge the fuck out of there.

Checking the time I saw that it was twenty minutes to four in the morning then the hangover kicked in.

My head pounded and if I didnt order an uber soon I wouldn't in the next ten minutes.

Wobbling to the door I silently opened it and with paining legs I walked to the elevator to get the fuck away from this building.

My phone vibrated signaling me that my uber arrived and I thanked the heavens then tried speedy walking to the gate of the building.

Wrong idea.

Opening the door of the cab I leaned on the seat and sighed.

What the fuck did I just do.

Looking at the light that seeped through my curtains I groaned when I heard my phone ringing.

"So... how was the banging??" Malia squeaked in the phone making me cringe

Shit

My head

"Damn it can you be any louder" I groaned complaining.

"Come on girl tell me how it was" she insisted asking

"I ain't talking about shit.
Let me sleep in peace" I said about to cut the call.

I needed to rest.

"Well then if you dont want to talk through the phone I'll bring Cyril in the evening and you will spill everything" she said in a stern voice.

"Whatever mother" I resorted back.

I just needed to sleep.

She chuckled then cut the call but not before telling me that I needed to wake the fuck up and that it was mid day

Yay.

I went back to sleep.

In the evening she did come like she said she would and she brought my baby with her who I had missed.

She also brought food stating that she knew that I didnt cook and even though it was true she really didnt have to state  it.

She left not before nine after Cyril went to sleep by himself showing how tired he was.

I on the other hand looked at the missed and unread calls and messages then sighed.

No matter how hard I was avoiding him tomorrow I would have to face him whether I liked it or not because it is when his father will come to announce if I got the position or not.

Mondays.
I always despised them.
I woke up ready to dress like a killer and after I dropped my baby to school I mentally prepared myself to face the devil himself.