chapter 47

Anaïs

Despite the fact that my mother had told me that she needed the Mona situation settled and calm before my brother's party I knew she would come back.

One of us would lose our shits and crash at some point so I was not convinced even at one point that there was going to be peace at all.

"Relax will you?" Lucas asked sitting next to me.
It was a saturday morning and I was seated on the carpet that was on the floor with envelopes and invitations scattered around me.

When they were deposited at the front desk of our estate they were in a box neatly arranged.
When I went to collect them I immediately opened the box and poured all of them on the floor along with the golden envelopes that they came with.

"I need these things going out of my house in two days and the list of the invited guests aint even half way" I said in a frustrated manner and Lucas who was writing the names behind each envelope rose his head with an annoyed expression settled on his face.

I rolled my eyes.
I needed this thing perfect and if it meant driving everyone around me nuts then let be it.

"For goodness sake just do what you are supposed to do and stop blabbering" he said looking at me and my hand immediately flew to my chest.

How dare he.
Honestly how dare he.

"Fine then since I'm such a burden do it yourself" I said standing up and stormed to the kitchen.
I was so done with that man.

"This was your job in the first place.
I offered to help so if you stop then I will too and lets see who your mother kick" he said loudly after me and I  gritted my teeth in annoyance.

I was starting to regret why I took the damn job in the first place when I wasn't even getting poaid for it.

"Fuck you Lucas" I said leaving the kitchen to take back my previous place at the carpet and he laughed in response.

Sucking the breath between my teeth I went back to doing what I was doing which was putting invitations inside envelopes.

We took a whole day to finish writing names behind the envelopes and at a point we switched so that I would write the names and him put the invitations inside the envelopes.

We finished late in the night at around twelve as we both spotted dropy eyes along with a tired look on both of our faces.
We had skipped lunch due to how busy we were and for dinner we ate some remaining food which wasn't even enough to make Lucas full.

We ended up making sandwiches because hell who was about to cook at twelve in the morning.

We went to sleep after that.

The following morning we were woken up with the light that was shinning through the curtains.
Well technically I was and upon seeing that I woke Lucas up too.

"Babe wake up we are late" I said violently shaking the man that was sleeping next to me making him groan.

He definetly did not expect to be woken up like that.
Definetly not on a sunday morning.

"What is the hurry for?" He groaged out his voice straddling me for a moment.
I was never going to get used that morning voice.

He sounded like sex.

"We are late to drop these invitations look at how bright it is out there" I said throwing the covers off me and walked barefeet to the bathroom.

I could hear him call me back to bed and I shook my head in disbelief.