11 | The twins and the Hippo

"Oh my Allah what a beauty?" Nora complimented on seeing Islam.

Islam did a light makeup by applying a fake tanning spray plus putting on a little foundation, applied mascara on her thick lashes before putting on bronzer with a little translucent powder. Thereafter she turned her mouth pink. She just wanted to snap some Instagram pictures.

"Oh my God mashaa Allah. You look so gorgeous. Look at your cute face. Mashaa Allah." That was lubna.

Then Husna added, "Okay that's what I call perfect. Mashaa Allah."

"Thank you so much guys." Islam replied. They made her day already.

"Please may I doll all of you up?" Islam asked with all seriousness.

"Yes please. You can start with me." Nora said and quickly moved over to where Islam was.

And that was how all of them did makeup and snapped pictures.

***
"So mom just called and guess what?" Husna wiggled her brows at them.

They both looked at her. And she dramatically crossed her legs and twisted her eyes in a more dramatic way.

"She said their flight been cancelled and they can't make it today."

Obviously Lubna got confused over the happiness on Husna's face. So she decided to ask what was the happiness about. "What kid will be happy over her parents staying a bit more in a foreign land?" When she asked that Nora nudged her. Husna being the I don't care type narrowed her eyes at her.

"Lubna I now get why you failed your math exam on the 13th of June 2015." Husna uttered.

Nora had a hard time struggling to hide her laughter. She knew the truth. Everyone knew the truth. It was Husna that failed. But no one dared to say that.

"Anyways what I meant is you guys can't leave today." She grinned as if she wasn't the one narrowing her eyes at Lubna earlier on. That was when Islam started her own laughter. They both gave her the 'care to share with us kinda look' she then adjusted her sitting position and told them her mind was on her phone, so it's just something that made her laugh.

"You have to tell us girl. We ain't buying that." Husna said.

Islam chuckled some more "so I just uploaded Nora's pic on my Instagram, so funny how every one thinks it's me. I mean we don't even look alike. Or maybe it's because of the make-up."

Both the girls laughed. "Honestly I don't think you both look alike. Or maybe it's the fairness. Lubna would have looked like you both, had it been she isn't a hippo." Husna teased and immediately received a blow from Lubna.

***

"How about truth or dare?" Suggested Lubna.

"Perfectly fine with me." Declared Nora.

They made the rules upon answering or receiving hot slaps on hand. Husna went upstairs, to bring a spray can they will use instead of a bottle. Nora played the song so soon, by Maher zain on phone, connecting it to the speakers in the parlour. Once Husna came back she turned off the lights making the room dim-light. The only hearable sound in the room now, was that of AC and Maher's song.

You went so soon, so soon,
You left so soon, so soon,

The song kept on going.

Right there, it stroke a nerve in Islam. As a fresh memory came back at her. She knew her mom left so soon. So very soon. She didn't know when a lone tear cascaded down her face. She looked at the girls and realised they all had their attention on different things. Lucky enough none of them did see. She quickly stood up from the place.