36| Repenting slave

A notification popped on Islam's phone.

It was a dm from Nora. She sent her a dm on IG.

She opened it and read out load "I've mesaged Husna looks like she isn't near. Please you guys should get ready we are coming over to visit that mall I told her about."

"Who's that?" Husna asked.

"Nora." Islam said.

"Okay help me ask by which time please."

"She said around 2:00pm." Islam informed her of what Nora just said.

"Okay we need to get ready before they come." Husna said and got up to start getting ready, she feels like making lunch today, and she doesn't want her mom to see her doing so. Regardless of that she went to the kitchen and was met with the maid on duty. "I'll be handling lunch today. So you can rest please." Husna said smiling at the maid.

"You might need a help right?" The maid politely asked.

"I'm good. Thank you." Husna added.

Husna got to work. It's been 30 minutes without any progress or at least that's what Islam predicted when she joined her in the kitchen.

After few more minutes Islam asked if Husna needed help with anything. She just said she's good and Islam should go and rest before Nora and Lubna arrive. Even adding she would call her after everything is done.

Islam got back to her room and decided to snap one more picture. She was really obsessed with her new phone.

She rubbed off the make-up and decided to pray salatul dhuha

She rubbed off the make-up and decided to pray salatul dhuha. She sprayed her prayer mat and changed in to a decent dress. She kept her favorite Qur'an beside her. She picked it from Aunt Saudah's house.  And it has now become her favourite thing.

There after she prayed to Allah and called out some du'as that his noble prophets have called unto him with in their life time

"Lord, we believe in what You have revealed and we follow the messenger: record us among those who bear witness [to the Truth].

Our Lord, forgive us our sins and the excess [committed] in our affairs and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

Islam knew this last du'a that was from the Qur'an, in verse 147 of the surah Al-Imran teaches us that whenever any calamity befalls a person, then together with utilising physical means, one should also make du'a and ask for repentance as most of the calamities that befall a person are due to one's sins.

She knew no person can be assured that the good actions he/she is doing presently will be done continually. Therefore one need to express regret on the deficiency of one's present actions and make it a habit to make du'a for steadfastness in regard to future actions. In this Dua, forgiveness is being sought for previously committed sins. Which is an indication to the fact that whatever difficulties or problems befalls a person, be it in the form of defeat from the enemies or any other problem, is in reality the consequence of a person's sins.  The remedy for which is seeking repentance and forgiveness.

And she knew no matter how she tried to go on with her normal life and forget about everything regarding her father she couldn't! And she was sure such difficulties have befallen her and she would take it as it's as result of the sins she had committed. And she would repent to Allah and seek for his forgiveness. Because He's the forgiver of sins. The entirely Merciful, the All Forgiving!

She moved on to continue calling unto Allah;

"Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.

Our Lord, indeed we have heard a caller calling to faith, [saying], 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.

Our Lord, so forgive us our sins and remove from us our misdeeds and cause us to die with the righteous.

Our Lord, and grant us what You promised us through Your messengers and do not disgrace us on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed, You do not fail in [Your] promise

Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers.

My Lord have mercy on my mom, forgive her of her shortcomings and give her a house in your most beautiful jannah (paradise.)

Our Lord, and accept my supplication."

Finally Islam finished making du'a and wiped away the tears that formed in her eyes

Finally Islam finished making du'a and wiped away the tears that formed in her eyes. She believed one day, everything shall come to pass.

All the while Husna has been in the kitchen, so she decided to go back to Husna and see what she was up to. She had already reached the parlour and was halfway there when she received a message from Selena.

Where are you? It's important-Lena

Selena typed in.

Once Islam saw that she wondered what could be so important that Lena had to call it important. To Lena nothing is really that important in life. She's forever carrying an I don't care vibe, and always being the go with the flow type!

Where are you at? - Lena

Selena sent in another message.

Suddenly Islam's phone began buzzing, she wondered what might happen that Selena began face timing her. She quickly picked up.

Once her face came in view she greeted, "hey Lena."

"MBC 2 needs you. Right now!" She finished and ended the call.

Islam darted her attention from going to the kitchen and headed to the parlor first. She wondered what might be airing there. Well she would find out!

Once she reached the parlour to her bad, Juhaif was there. She wanted to leave the place but then got curious of what might be airing on mbc 2. Could it be highschool musical her favourite movie? Or could it be Cinderella her second favorite? Or maybe they are having a show with some group of fashion designers that's why Lena called.

She kept having those thoughts to herself. Finally she decided to just head there and see whatever is happening. She isn't about giving up on that simply because Juhaif is there.

She reached the place, salamed and greeted him good afternoon.

He answered her salam and never the greeting.