10 | How to be realistic

It's really annoying how he would give out clothes with tags on-for washing. What sort of ruthless person does that? It's not a good thing to hate on anyone, that's why all her life she had been trying not to hate on anyone. But he's pushing her to the wall and giving her all reasons to.

She had no idea when she started crying, she was so pained! At this rate she had no idea what was drenching her face, whether the shower or the tears. It hurts so much to see someone treating you inhumanely. Even if she were an animal, didn't she deserve some respect? But here she was, in a place she never in the life of her thought she will ends up at, with a wicked soul that kept glaring at her and calling her ruiner. Crashing his car was a huge mistake. A mistake she will regret forever. No, coming to Africa was the mistake!

Suddenly she remembered the girls. Oh the girls! What would she do? They will know she cried. Without giving it much thought she began rubbing her face. Looking in to the mirror, she gasped when she realised she just made the biggest mistake ever. Oh great. Really, really great. It's like all the blood in her decided coming up to her face. She wasn't even looking pinkish but totally red, like tomato. She let the water kept pouring on her face, but still no improvement. Her face was still like a tomato. She gave up! Only tiny bit of foundation will save her right now, but no way she would find that in the loo.

She performed ablution and came outta the loo. Her eyes met with three pairs staring right back at her's!

"Did you cry in there?" They chorused.

She tried making it looked simple by saying she was missing her Dad.

"I suggest you call him then." said Nora.

It sounded awkward how she quickly mentioned she will, and that made the room went a bit off. She tried lightening up the atmosphere by trying to say something. Unfortunately when she opened her mouth to talk nothing came out.

She watched as the girls started leaving the room one by one, each one of them giving an excuse of doing something or the other. She became so bashed. Why would she even cry in there?

She decided to video call her dad. When his face showed on the screen, she couldn't be happier. Her ear and cheek spliced, forming a huge grin. Her fave time on earth -beside when she's with her Lord -was when she's face timing her father. The awesome man in her life.

"Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah. How is work father? How are you coping without me? I missed you. I love you Dad!" she uttered in a breath.

"Calm down." he teased "Did you cry?" He asked squinting his eyes.

"Yes! They are nice people, but I'm coming back."

"Now tell me what happened, will you? not like they ain't feeding my daughter well, as last I checked you weren't as chubbier."

"Dad!" she pouted which made him laugh.

"I'm sorry just trying to lighten up your mood. I don't like it when my princess is sad. Now tell me!"

She took a breath "Okay, I went on a shopping and mistakenly damaged grumpy's car and in return all the things I bought went inside a washing machine. Elegant evening gowns were tremendously washed on full speed. My Abayas ain't having any stones on them right now." she said stressing each word. "And that's not all, he called me a ruiner. A ruiner dad."

"Okay let me check if I understand this right. If your new clothes got washed, ain't that a way of making them more clean?"

"Dad we are talking about stoned Abayas (gowns) who wash them on a full speed for God sake?"