37| different persona off camera

He was so busy on his phone, in the living room. The phone she almost broke the other day. It really looked old to her. She wondered why he refused a new phone last night.

She looked around for any sign of remote and ended up not seeing any.

"Please have you seen the remote?" She asked, as he rose his head and scarcely looked at her then darted back his attention to his phone

"Please have you seen the remote?" She asked, as he rose his head and scarcely looked at her then darted back his attention to his phone. After a minute he finally glanced over his side, telling her with eyes that it's beside him.

She asked to hand it over which surprisingly he did. She thought he wouldn't ever hand her the remote.

She looked through the channels and finally got sight of mbc2.

At the buttom there was a title that read 'G Britain's fans'

After reading that, her eyes literally bulged out. She was a bit confused.

It's like reporters on the street were asking people if they heard of Gorgeous Britain and what they know about her.

A girl about her age in the street of London was about to pass when they asked if she knew gorgeous Britain.

"The one from YouTube?" The girl asked and the reporter grinned and nodded.

"Actually I just love her so much." The girl said.

"So what are you gonna say about gorgeous Britain, like what do you like about her?"

"Well, honestly she's not clumsy. I like how gentle she is. And I just like her vibes."

At this point Islam had to look over at Juhaif. Unluckily enough he seemed to be watching it too. Since when? She had no idea. She watched as his lower lip went down forming a frown but yet smiling. She knew he must be laughing at the word 'not clumsy' looking as to how she had completely terminated the life of few of his things on her very first day at his house. She quickly changed the channel and handed him the remote.

She turned to leave thinking about different ways to skin Selena alive through the internet.

She hardly took two steps away, when the compliments of fans yet again got to her ears.

Turning around and looking at the t.v she realised he had change it back to mbc2. What was this guy even doing? Ain't he the I-only-watch-surgery-videos type? She thought.

She stood there and continued looking at the way fans were embarrassing the freak outta her. Everything they were saying wasn't how she is. Although she tries to be herself in her vlogs, but no way the Islam on camera compares to the one off it.

Gulping down a lump down her throat she got on Instagram and began face timing Selena.

"Lena when I say I like you? What does that mean?" Islam asked through the phone once Selena picked up.

"It means you love me." Selena grinned.

"And when I say I hate you?" She asked yet again and glanced over at Juhaif who was still watching his Gorgeus Britain fans show!

Then another voice from the tv interrupted their call, a girl was complimenting Islam and suddenly another guy popped up and the reporter was now talking to him.

"A gentle girl like her my eyes have never seen." The guy said.

That was all it took before Islam face-palmed and darted her eyes to take a view of Juhaif, there he was, slightly smiling.

"Lena I hate youuuuuuuuuuu." She shouted to the phone.

"Babe hate me all you want as the outcome will always turn out loving me. You can't resist my cuteness. Besides I'm presently watching the show too! My tv is on mbc2 as well," she added.

Lucky enough the program suddenly ended.

"Lena can you for once allow me to like you without getting in my nose?" She finished rolling her eyes.

"I don't think that's possible. Unless i stop seeing the comfy chair in your nose, anyways you gotta let it slide as a huge birthday party will be thrown over here in Europe."

"Tell me you are kidding. You said to let it wait till we are both back in the States." Islam whisper yelled.

But Selena continued talking "everyone is invited. Handsome is invited as well."

Islam knew who she meant by that. So she slightly glanced at him before darting her attention to Selena, "don't bother he won't come. Who will even get excited seeing him there?! No one!" Islam said and bursted out laughing, when she was faced with Selena's stern look she composed herself and stopped laughing, "i guess that wasn't funny!" Islam added as Selena nodded her head at her indicating yeah it wasn't funny!

"Thank God you noticed it yourself, and of course the celebrant will be happy to see him there! So please I'm inviting him over, with the rest of your cousins! Your whole Nigerian family are invited!" Selena finished.

"Why not?! You will see me. Turning down invitations ain't my thing." Juhaif finally whispered to Selena and gently smiling at her through the phone camera as he stood beside Islam. She had no idea when he rose from the sofa and stood beside her. Islam scrunched up her nose at that.

"Just because you hates people doesn't mean no one likes them!" Juhaif whispered to Islam as she rolled her eyes at him.

"I'm coming Lena." Islam said and hung up the call, while Juhaif had already occupied back his seat.

She knew she had promised herself to stop celebrating birthdays. But she said till next year! She knew this is it, this year would be the last time she would be celebrating birthdays, anything next year is a no. But not even that, her real problem now was how to start contacting her dad. Ever since the bitter face time they had with each other, they haven't talked. He seemed to be so bitter with her, just as she was with him! She knew no way he would even allow her to attend Selena's party! After all, she knew who her father was! Not after they had a mini fight!

With her heart in her throat she finally decided to call him.

Once his face came up she gulped down a huge saliva. She knew he could tell how nervous she was. But she knew she wouldn't apologise to him either! If anything, he should be the one to apologise!

She was looking at everywhere but him. She herself wondered what the essence of the face time, if even after dialing him up and having his face appeared she wasn't really looking at him.

"Dad i will be coming over to Europe. Selena is throwing a ball for her birthday. Don't worry I'm not leaving the humble Africa, as we will go together. All of us. Then come back here again until summer is over when i will finally come back to the States." She uttered in a breath.

"Islam you can't. The only time you'll see yourself leaving Africa is when summer ends. You throw the party over there in Nigeria and invite the celebrant over period!"

 You throw the party over there in Nigeria and invite the celebrant over period!"

Islam's attire of the day👆