29 | how to dodge a slap!

Juhaif seemed thoughtful for a moment before he smiled at his mom and nodded.

"What's the tension in here about?" They turned to where the voice came from. But they really had no idea what tension she was talking about.

To Islam she couldn't help but became overwhelmed seeing everyone waking up early.

"Look at the tension." Husna said and dramatically threw her hands in the air.

"There's just too much tension. There's a girl standing innocently and a lady who's sitted calmly and then a boy smiling shyly. Just too much tension for my liking." Husna finished saying as she moved further taking a glance at everyone.

"Being an early bird doesn't deserve you, thank God you ain't even one." Juhaif said and made way to the kitchen to drink water.

Aunt Kaula was finally out of the small shock she got in "we've heard your explanation. But how's that tension? Islam please teach this girl some English."

Husna's mouth went in to a pout while Islam's splits in to a grin.

"Good morning mom!" Husna finally greeted.

"Morning Husna. We leave by nine." Her mom said. as she made way to her room.

"Nine?" Husna gasped as Islam smiled at her face expression.

Thirty minutes later Islam literally dragged Husna to the kitchen. They plan on making pancake. Islam was to make the batter while Husna was to do the baking, ofcourse after spending hours begging Aunt Kaula to allow Husna in the kitchen. And Islam can't ever understand why Aunt doesn't want Husna in the kitchen.

They finished the batter since a while ago and Husna has spent approximately ten minutes trying to fry the pancake with no result. Talking about biggest failure of the year!

"Husna maybe I should do the next one." Islam said worriedly.

"Don't worry I got this."

"Okay." Islam replied and moved back leaving the chef continuing with her job; aka job of burning pancake and wasting yummy batter!

After what seemed like a total ten minutes of failure, Islam offered another helping hand which Husna confidently declined.

"The next one will be better." She assured.

But where's the next one? When she had already finished the batter and not once did it yield anything but terribleness!

Islam sighed as Husna finally turned the last blackish pancake that looked like Milo and everything black been added to it as she looked at Islam, "you see I told you it will be great." Husna said grinning from ear to ear, Islam squeezed her forehead at that, obviously confused as why Husna would think her terrible pancake is anything great! Sincerely that pancake is everything but great! A white batter got added to a frying pan and turned completely black, what's great about it?

Nevertheless Islam gulped down her laughter, she wanted to say that terribleness was something her eyes have never seen but resorted to smiling at Husna for a piece of encouragement.

But truly in the cooking world Husna has a lifetime to go.

"I'm very talented. Awwww i'm so proud of myself. I can't believe I made this." Husna was so happy. Islam forced back a smile and gently clapped her hands along with Husna. She wished she could tell Husna the truth!

"I must put nutella." Islam heard Husna say as she looked over to the fridge about to grab one.

"Husna maybe everyone should put their own nutella."