16 | How to have a grumbling gut

On their way back Islam kept thinking about the message and wondering who it's meant for. But surely she's the one who lost her mom! The message might be hers!

She silently laid her head on the door of the car, as the breath fanned her face, Juhaif has folded the car roof again. But she got so much on her plate to even complain about that. She was okay with him driving on a low speed.

Next thing, her stomach decided to make a noise. When she looked towards the driver's seat at Juhaif, he had just looked towards her as well, he must have heard it! She must admit that was a bit embarrassing!

She watched as he changed lane and parked in front of a coffee shop.

He removed his seat belts and sauntered outta the car. In less than five minutes he was out of the shop with a coffee cart containing two cups, and a huge bucket of ice cream.

All the while, she'd been looking at that message.

She quickly reminded herself to not believe anything strangers say online.

She looked towards Juhaif as he handed her a cup of coffee and the huge ice cream. Her eyes went wide at it's tremendous size.

When she didn't collect the coffee nor the ice cream she heard him say, "I don't know which you might prefer, and I think girls like this stuff." he said referring to the ice cream.

"Thanks." She said collecting them.

With that he finally got in the car, and started drinking his coffee.

When she saw he wasn't trying to drive she decided to talk, "So are we waiting for something?"

"You see unlike fashion designers, doctors don't go around driving while drinking cofee, so we don't end up crashing people's car. You know we are responsible people."

Islam rolled her eyes and huffed out air. He likes exaggerating everything!

So he asked about her major to be rubbing it on her he's a doctor and she isn't? Completely stupid bragger!

She rolled her eyes yet again. He suffocates her!

No matter how she tries to be happy, the person that sent her a message have spoiled her mood. No matter how she hates to think about it, she's actually doing that. It's like the message dwells in her heart! But she needed something to forcefully let her forget!

She took a breath, "so do you have a girlfriend?"

Juhaif frowned, "what?" He asked, more like to make sure if he heard her well. When he got no reply, he finally said he had no time for such things.

"You don't have time or the girls don't like you?" Islam asked as she slowly sipped on her coffee. "You know there's difference between I don't have time and I can't get anyone to like me" islam stated.

His frown deepened, "actually the girls here tends to like fair guys. You don't know?"

Oh bragger!

"Well, I wouldn't know since it's versa in my place. There the tanned ones got girls rushing over."

He didn't say anything, but continued having his coffee as he pressed the car horn just for fun!

Islam laughed at that, she found it so childish. Because an old man that was passing by, thought Juhaif was honking at him and turned around. Juhaif waved at the old man using his left hand since he had a coffee on his right hand. Islam shook her head at that. Indeed he's childish, so childish! But madly grumpy too!

"Never thought they are fair Africans." Islam blurted out, referring to Juhaif seeing he was light skinned, Aunt saudah was light skinned too, samething for Nora and Lubna, but Husna was a bit dark. When she was coming to Africa she thought she would see blacks everywhere but it's more of a mixture, truly Allah is great!

"Well Fulani's are fair." He shrugged as he seeped more of his coffee.

"Anyways what do you think if I hook you up with someone?" She asked, she was just trying to form a convo, she knew the moment she keeps quite her mind would dwell back on that message, and she never wanted that.

"Just tell it's you."

"No way!"

"I mean what do you think of Nora?"

To Islam she didn't see the possibilities of Juhaif and Nora making a perfect couple, she didn't even know what made Husna think that way. To her Nora was perfect, and the grumpy doctor otherwise. He might be perfect only when he gets rid of his outrageous behaviour of acting laconic and reminding people of the fault they made from years ago.

His chuckle got her outta her reverie. "What? She's my sister please!" He said.

"You think about it!" Islam insisted. If that would make Husna happy, then so be it. She would help!

Juhaif frowned at that, "last I checked you weren't sent here to match people up." he said sternly.

Regardless of the coffee she was drinking her throat went completely dry, "well that stings!"

"Yeah it meant to!" he blurted out, with no care in the world and continued having fun with his coffee.

She glanced at him and wished the coffee would spill on him. As if her wish got granted, his hand tumbled and the coffee got all over his shirt.

She wanted to laugh, but seeing how he kept squeezing his face made her decide against it. Instead she grabbed a bunch of tissue from the dash board and handed him.

She opened her handbag and grabbed out a veil, as it's become part of her to always put an extra hijab in her bag. Luckily it was plain white, so she handed it to him. "Use it as muffler to cover up the stain." She said handing him the white veil.

"No."

"Well I thought RESPONSIBLE doctors don't go around with stained shirt, anyways, even if they do, fashion designers hate seeing people so messed up!" she uttered raising a brow.

That made him chuckle and he was left with no choice than to collect the scarf.

"Thanks. But you don't need to make that sound like a comeback." Juhaif said as he tried to hide his smile.

Guys follow me
Vote!
Comment!
Share!

Also you're free to drop me a nice message in the dm! 😘