20 | how to be the laugh of century

Today's Friday. Islam loved every single thing about Fridays. It's been some sorta tradition to treat herself to something amazing friday-ly. Something that will make her happy. But there's one problem, she couldn't come up with anything that'll gladden her Friday today. She usually plan ahead of time, by agreeing to something she'll do a night to fri. But this Friday she forgot to plan anything out and was stuck on what to do.

Islam absentmindedly moved to the mirror and applied more lipstick before setting the ring light and lightening up the room by switching on all the lights, then clicked few selfies.

Soon enough she had an idea. She scratched her head a bit, before asking Husna, "Husna do you think I can cook again in this house? You know what Aunt said last time."

"Definitely..." Husna began.

She couldn't finish when she saw Islam squealing and dancing. Husna wondered why she wouldn't let her finish her sentence.

"...no," husna finished with a mischievous smile, before quickly clearing her voice and maintaining a tight face over seeing the look on Islam's face, like she was afraid Islam might throw a tantrum over that. But probably that's what the American kids do, when they're told a 'no'. Husna knew no way her mom would allow Islam to cook. Even the last time she did, it's just luck!

Islam's face dropped completely. She felt her heart sank, she had already planned everything out in her mind. She was about to have a marvelous fri. But just to confirm things Islam asked wether husna really meant what she said, "is your 'no' supposed to match with your 'definitely'? She asked, air quoting the last word.

"Yes." Husna answered.

Islam might not be American, but she was raised up there, she inhaled the American air and was fed off the American grain and definitely giving up ain't part of her dictionary, just like any other American kid.  

So she decided to ask Aunt Kaula herself. She was descending the stairs when she missed a step and ended up crumbling down and falling on her buttocks, but that's not all, the place had just been moped and as result, when she tried getting up, she slipped again and fell down on her back. "Ouch! Oh my Lord." She winced in pain.

Then quickly a maid came, asking if she was alright.

"I'm okay. Please can you lift me up?" She let her hand out for the maid. She helped her up, Islam thanked her and made way to continue on her journey to Aunt Kaula's room, she kept wincing through out the way. She couldn't even stand straight. She had to hold her waist and managed walking with a bent back.

***
Islam waved her hands awkwardly in the air, as if saying hi. "Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah."

"Waalaikumu Salam warahmatullah."

Aunt nodded with a smile.

"Why are you standing that way?"

Aunt saw her standing in a disrupt manner, with a bent back, like a hungry monkey or best, an old lady.

On hearing that Islam tried straightening up a bit, but that made her wince on reflex. Aunt squeezed her brows at that. "Are you okay?"

Islam quickly nodded, with a clenched eye and lips. She finally opened her clenched eyes and kept looking at Aunt's coffee.

"It will get cold." Islam blurted out. 

"Come and have a seat." Aunt politely offered.

"Well, Aunt I came here to ask if...." Islam began and then took a glance at Aunt, Aunt ushered her to go on. By now she had already kept aside the book she'd been reading.