23 | doctors' brains!

"What if I don't want to go with you?" Islam silently asked. She remembered she had already talked to the woman Husna said she's her favourite. She could just go with her, not necessarily Juhaif.

He shrugged.

"Okay I haven't said yes yet. I'll think about it and see if I can come with you or not." He gave her the 'you can't be serious look' and left the kitchen with his water in hand. He likes drinking water though. But then today was especially hot too!

Husna smiled as the whole drama unfold, she moved over and grabbed another plate and put a slice of cake. Wow today she's going to eat her breakfast early. She carried the two plates in hand and asked Shaam to follow her.

On the other hand Islam decided to go without changing clothes, since she'd already dressed up for the face time occasion she had with her dad earlier on. So she went to the room and threw over a large framed aviator sunglasses she got from Dolce and gabanna, grabbed her satchel and put her phone inside before sauntering out to the parlour. She would just wait for Juhaif there. When he's ready they could move out. She just hoped her sneakers won't give her any problem. Because sometimes farms could be mysterious with their hidden thorns. At least she knows that from her father's farm whenever they go to their farm house.

She decided to watch the t.v to while away time before he showed up, immediately she switch it on, she realised she didn't like what was on there, so she quickly turned it off. She was about to drop the remote on the center table when her phone beeped. She grabbed it out of the bag and was met with a message from an unknown number. She creased her forehead a bit contemplating on whether to open the message or not. Curiosity got the best of her, and she tapped on it.

None of them is innocent! They killed her!

The message read.

"Killed?" Islam whispered out.

"Who killed who?" She whispered again to herself. This message was from a hidden number. Who knew about her Nigerian number? Definitely not much, just Husna or maybe Lubna and Nora if she might add. Apart from them nobody knew of this number. Not even her U.S family. Not even Aunt Saudah! Who could send her this?

She looked at the message again. It was confusing the day light of her. She couldn't engulf the message in there. She squinted her eyes at that, tryig to sup it up, but to no avail.

The only question on her mind was why she kept on opening these messages? Messages from unknown numbers and strangers? Those messages from Instagram as well, that man that Nora met and asked her not to tell anyone about? She sure as hell knew she wasn't supposed to, because this person was a complete stranger? Could he be the one with this hidden number as well?

So many questions were running through her mind, she finally stood up and left her phone and bag there and got in their room, she didn't stop at anywhere but the loo.

She splashed water on her face and heaved out a heavy sigh as her face appeared on the mirror.

She came to the conclusion that the message was sent to the wrong person, since she couldn't decode anything out of it. She just pitied who ever was meant to receive this, because this just proved the person lost someone, and she knew how painful that was, because she lost a person who used to be the most closest to her as well. Talking about this she wished she knew what actually happened to her mom.

'I wished I knew what actually happened! I wished I knew enough about you!" She whispered out to the mirror, nobody ever told her anything about her mom's death. She was too young to know anything about it. And she never liked questioning her father about it. He had done enough for her already.