13 | How to break an oven

The next day Islam put it on her to have her breakfast on time. Back at home her dad was never a person of late breakfast. He had always wanted everyone to have an early breakfast. At the right time!

She took a quick shower, put on a simple make-up, and dressed in a baggy trouser and an ash adidas long sleeve sweater that had some strips of pin attached to the end. Her plan was to be at the gym, immediately she was done cooking.

The house was now a bit more cooler than how it used to be. Since she came, she had been seeing Husna and the rest wearing sweaters, but she only wears her normal clothes, the coldness doesn't really gets to her skin. If anything she would prefer it a bit colder. Quite surprising how it was already summer in the States, but still winter down here!

Today was the only day Islam wore a sweater, Husna been wondering why she would be wearing pajamas without even sweaters. But only if she knew!

She packed her hair up in a bun and wrapped her veil in a lazy way. Still not any of her hair showed. She never liked wearing hijabs loosely, so, she fixed an orange beanie atop the hijab to prevent it from being lose, since she would be cooking. Downstairs she went, trying to make a delicious breakfast for them, she hoped Aunt was kidding when she said this would be her last time cooking in the house. Because this was Islam, the girl with almost hundred cooking videos on her channel!

She entered the kitchen, and brought out all the ingredients she would use. That was when a maid got in. Islam greeted her before telling she would be making breakfast herself. So, the maid excused her and left.

In a few she'd finished most of the things. What remain was baking. She had been looking for the paper cups she would use and couldn't find any. She checked all the cabinets and when she couldn't find them still, she stretched her hands and stood on her toes trying to check the upper cabinets. Once she opened the third one, she found it! But no matter how she tried stretching out her hands, she couldn't reach.

So she resorted to climbing the kitchen island—without bothering to remove her sneakers, just then she remembered what Husna said about Americans being on the kitchen Island with shoes on. She smiled at the memory.

Islam stretched her hand, it was almost there, just an inch away, so she stood on her toes, stretching her hands trying to reach. Finally she did touch the pack.

But before she could grab it, a voice spoke, "What are you doing?"

That startled the hell outta her!

It took only a second before her body reflexed, making her head turning towards the door, where the voice came from —how she wished she didn't do that, but too late. Her left leg slipped. It all happened so quick, but still she saw as he quickly moved forward trying to help her, and quickly enough shifted back, giving her enough space to fall and hit her self.

She was so in pain, she started wincing right away. She now had to watch the bitter part of him shrugging, even coming further in to the kitchen towards fridge and taking out a bottle of water, without bothering to utter a sorry or even asked if she was okay. As if it wasn't all his fault. She was so pissed off of his attitude. She gathered her almost broken figure and stood up, wincing in process.

"Okay this is enough."

She was damn tired of his attitude towards her. What sort of human will see his other human falling to the ground and won't even show sympathy, even if it's fake. Not that she wanted people to be faking though.

He didn't say a word, in-fact it was the sound of him leaving that got her outta her reverie. What??? He was walking off of her!!! He didn't just do that!!! Oh Ya Allah give her sabr(patience) to bear with his pugnacious behaviour. She inwardly thought.

"You know all this is your fault right?" She said a bit louder.

He turned to her with a thinned line mouth. She watched as his brows went up.

She continued, "had it been you didn't just barged in, using your voice to startle me, then acting all snubby letting a girl fall down right in front of your eyes and hitting herself so bad without bothering to help, tell me if I'll be in pain right now!" she said slowly.

He looked thoughtful for a moment, before tilting his head, and walking away.

Yet again her voice stopped him!

"Ain't that being grumpy? Calling me a teen, when actually you are this childish?"

He turned completely facing her, and began walking towards her!

When she saw how deadly his eyes looked, she began twisting her lips, definitely learned that from Husna! Wow she had already began picking on Husna's habits? She doubt if she would leave Nigeria as the Islam she used to be! She thought.

"Okay you can continue being grumpy, all I know is that's not the actual way you are. You're just putting on a mask. You know what? Everyone is kind on earth. We all have good habits." she finished scrunching up her nose.

"What of the bad ones?" Came his reply after a while.

Well, she didn't thought she would get one! But now that she did, she had no idea what he was talking about! She didn't get him!

She furrowed her brows indicating she didn't get him, so he made himself clear by saying, "what happened to our bad habits?"

"We borrowed them?" She answered, which came out more like a question.

"From?" Came his reply again.

"Shaytan?" She said which came out more like a question again!

"Okay you don't seem sure." he smirked a bit, before quickly retaining back his tight face.

"I am. Perfectly sure. 100% sure." she said nodding her head. He nodded as well, as if to say he believed her.

"Now what would you do with that?" He said gesturing to something behind her. She followed his eyes movement. There on ground, laid a broken oven. It's cover has been removed, and was laying in separate position from it's main body.

When Islam fell down, she was in so much pain and didn't notice the oven she had placed on the kitchen island, followed suit!

She looked slowly to his direction as their eyes locked!

Addition of oven to the list of things she damaged in the Khalil's mansion!

"Wow even oven you must break it! Do you ever leave anything in peace?" He mumbled and walked away!