30 | how to have shattered hearts!

"You think I won't find out?" His father bellowed in anger as he slapped him for the fourth time, as Islam gasped and covered her mouth with her palm to prevent her crying sound from escaping.

Juhaif just hold his cheek and dejectedly knelt in front of his dad. As tears kept gushing out of his eyes. No he wasn't crying because it was painful. He wasn't crying because his father slapped him in front of Islam or malam Danjuma the driver! He was crying because he had made his father so angry! He despised making his parents angry with all the fibre in him!

On the other hand Islam was so heartbroken, her heart wandered back to her dad and how she shouted at him, but here she was, seeing a big guy like Juhaif being slapped so hard on the face severally! But he didn't say a word but just knelt down in front of his dad! At this point she isn't sure if she's a good daughter anymore! She was wrong over what she did to her dad! But at this point she was so guilty that Juhaif had to go through this because of her. She'd never seen uncle this angry before. She can't help but think of what they could be trying so hard to protect, regarding her mom. What could they all be hiding from her? Some thing worth slapping Juhaif for? What could that be?

"I'm so sorry!" She heard Juhaif whispered. It's like cat got her tongue, because no matter how she tried she couldn't talk. She watched as Uncle looked over at her, and quickly enough he looked away, hissing at Juhaif that was still on his knees and leaving the place.

She turned around to see Malam danjummai's head bowed down, and looking at the floor. For the first time ever she'd seen Malam danjummai remained silent.

She quickly scurried off to where Juhaif was still kneeling, with his eyes on the floor! She wished she didn't put him in this condition. She caused it all! She hates herself!

"Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful." She prayed inwardly. She had no idea why, but anytime she's in distress and prays this du'a, she always finds relief!

"Juhaif I'm so sorry...."she started.

"Please leave!" He simply cut her off without as much as raising his head from the floor.

***
Once she got in the room, she was met with Husna pacing the room up and down. She quickly ran over and engulfed her in a hug.

"Where did you guys go to? I was worried sick." Husna called out. But Islam couldn't give her any answer. She just broke down completely and crying out loud. Everything is too much for her fragile heart!

"Shhh Islam. If it's hard to voice out don't tell me. Seek help in prayer and patience. But please don't leave abruptly like that again. At least notify me please."

They still haven't broken the hug, Islam was still crying, she whispered to Husna's ears, "please just tell me who I am Husna!"

Husna quickly broke the hug and looked at Islam's eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"Please Husna. I'm begging you for Allah's sake. Please tell me, who am I? Or at least who my mom was and what happened to her. You must know something Husna."

Husna's eyes looked as if they were to fall on the ground. She gently shook her head sideways at Islam. But the tears cascading down Islam's eyes were paining her to the core.

"I'm sorry Islam but i don't know anything."

Islam didn't say a word, she just moved over to the bed and removed her hijab, making her hair cascade on her back, giving a final look at Husna she finally got in the loo, while Husna dispiritedly sat on the bed. She felt dejected, sad, and despondent! She wished she knew anything about it, but Allah is her witness that she doesn't know of a thing except it's a rule no one is allowed to talk about her mother in the family! Who ever it is can only say out her name and remember light things about her, but nothing more than that! And she had no idea why! But seeing Islam this way has completely disheartened her! She wished she could help!