31| how to be embarassed to the core

The next day Islam woke up to have her breakfast. She didn't sleep after Fajr. She decided to get some work done. According to her she'd been really lazy these days. She finished replying all her mails before dashing to the loo to bath.

After coming out in her pink bathrobe, Husna was soundly sleeping and she didn't want to use hairdryer and wake her up. She just resorted to tying it up with a towel.

She dressed up in a baggy trouser and an extremely baggy shirt that looked really loose on her. Some times she loves dressing that way. Her stomache grumbled a bit and she knew she needed a coffee. She needed breakfast asap.

She looked at the mirror and realised how terribly weird she looked she grabbed a mufler and round it over her neck to cover her neck up. Wearing her flip-flops she dragged herself to the dining table.

Just as she arrived she saw Juhaif calmly seated and having breakfast and just when she was about to greet him good morning her phone peeped. She checked to see it's Selena.

She messaged her to ask about something work-related.
"Louis Vuitton gave me a free pack. I should bring over one vacant person for modelling."

Once Islam read that she knew that was more than a text discussing matter. She needed to call her. So she faced time her.

She moved over to the dining table, pulled a chair and sat down, followed by placing the phone on the dining table and she began pouring her coffee. That's when she greeted Juhaif good morning along with saying may peace be upon him as a form of Islamic greeting. He just nodded, the guy wasn't even with his phone or system, he wasn't watching anything today.

"Gorgeus Britain!" Selena's voice came in.

"Hey Lena!" Islam whispered, though she was further away from the phone now, trying to grab few things on the dining that are further away from her.

"You woke up early!"

"Nah. I should tell you that. I mean look at the time difference atleast it's seven here, so it's reasonable."

"Can't agree less, seeing it's six here." Selena replied.

By the time Islam had already finished making her coffee she finally sat down and came in view, now Selena could clearly see her.

"What the fuck is that!" Selena's voice echoed seeing how Islam's head was tied up in a showl, and there's a shirt along with mufler; just entirely rough! Selena's hands flew to her mouth, her laughter erupted as she tried clutching her mouth.

"Babe you freaking look disorganized!"

Islam rolled her eyes at that and raised her hands to flip invisible hair.

"So that's the painting." Lena called out, referring to her hennah.

"Hey it's called hennah."

"It's beautiful. Where's grumpy by the way?" She asked and Islam's eyes literally bulged out at that.

"Who?" She asked, hoping Selena to let it slide.

"The guy you hate so much, broke his car and refused to apologise politely."

Islam didn't talk she bulged out her eyes hoping Selena would take it as a signal to keep shush. But instead Selena didn't get it. She thought that was an expression of confussion she saw. How could Islam not understand who she's talking about. She thought! So she put in more effort to describe him, perhaps she might really get it. May be it's her explanation that sucked.

"The one that called you a ruiner and you said you regretted not punching him in the face."

Islam slightly looked over to Juhaif. He wasn't looking at them, but she was sure his attention was there. She was sure he heard it all.

"You just didn't get it. The guy you said is really barbaric for giving out your new clothes to get washed."

The more Islam was bulging out her eyes, the more Selena was assuming she didn't get it and that her explanation sucked. So Selena got really keen on reminding Islam about grumpy.

"The guy you said is always acting grumpy. The one you said you won't apologise to duh! The guy that took you to the farm. By the way he's so cute and hot! From what I've seen he seemed really nice." She said and grinned widely at Islam, as the latter face palmed confoundedly.

Islam slowly darted her attention from her phone, she glanced over at Juhaif who just casually said "I guess that's me." Islam was now so nervous under his gaze. Today Selena has finished her!

"So gorgeous Britain..." Selena began.

"Look Lena i'm having breakfast. Goodbye!"

She quickly ended the call. In fact no time to talk about gucci or some model or anything!

She tasted the coffee and realised it was bitter. She added a cube of sugar to it and added milk. That's when she heard her phone ringing.

Could it be father? But it must have been midnight over the States.

As if on cue she looked over at the phone and realised the person right in front of her was the one calling.

She was about to ask what was the call for when he beat her to it.

"To see what you saved my number as?" That came out as a question. "So grumpy right?" He fixed his eyes on her phone where grumpy appeared to be calling, Islam was so nervous about everything!

Finally he grabbed a bottle of water and made way to his room.

Islam let out a huge sigh and quickly typed;
"Lena I hate you!"

***
"God morning dear." She was on her way to Husna's room when one of the maids that was mopping greeted her.

"Please let me help with that." Islam politely said, wanting to help with the mopping.

The maid smiled at her, "it's okay. It's not much of a work."

"Please I insist." Islam saw the maid trying to squeeze out the mop and was gently rotating it. So she moved ahead to collect it. She hardly hold the mop for a minute when the bucket tumbled on the floor and the whole water spilled.

She gasped. "Oh my God." She had no idea what to do. Now she had spoilt even the place the maid had already moped and her baggy trouser was drenched in the water as well.

"It's okay. Wait here i will bring something to dry your shoes with first."

Islam glanced over the room and realised how much damaged she had already done since she came here. That's when she saw Juhaif standing by the door leading to his part. He stood hand's akimbo. He gently shook his head at her and went back to his room. She had no idea what he was even doing there. He must have been standing and watching all along.

"I hate that guy!" She silently mumbled.

"You hate who?" She heard a voice asked. Unless she was hallucinating she was sure she heard it.