Searching for the truth

"Now everything is for you?" Sweetpea asked after a few moments.

Toni took a deep breath, "Everything was for my father, Larry used to work for him. After I went to Canada, dad got sick, he gave everything to Larry and he came to me and died. And I always had the decision to never come back here, and that's why I buried dad in Canada, and since that time, Larry handled everything. And you both know that I don't care about the money that I have here, dad had invested in one of the best companies out there, so the money that I gain from the income, if I want to burn them they won't finish because I have a lot. So I told them to keep the money that comes from the wine company for Larry, Gina, and Liza."

"And here I thought Larry was your father's partner in the company."

The brunette shook her head. "Larry was a dropout. Dad helped him got to his feet. He wasn't normal, that's why dad asked Liam to stick by his side. For more than twenty years, Larry has just been an image for the company. Liam used to take every decision for the company."

"And who owns the house?"

"I do,"

Sweetpea shook his head. "Then why is Cheryl saying that he signed the papers of the house to her?"

"He can't sign anything. She's lying."

"What about the will? How could he write a will if he doesn't have anything."

Toni shrugged, "Maybe he had some cash aside, but I also have doubts about it. Larry spends his money on nonsense."

"So he played her? He made her think he's a millionaire."

"And she thought she played him so that she can inherit him."

The man sighed, "And you're still wanting to know why haven't they told you about her? Maybe they didn't so you wouldn't say that you aren't obliged to give away money to a stranger."

"Dude, I don't care about the money, I wouldn't have minded if he married. I would think of it as he married someone to make him happy in his last couple of years." She said shrugging. "I do the same, every girl I go out with I spend money on her."

"For you it's normal, but for them, they wouldn't know if you wouldn't care about the money."

"Of course I wouldn't, answer me this. What woman wouldn't go out with someone knowing he was rich unless it was for his/her money?"

"What I don't understand, why are you still keeping her at the house? Why don't you kick her out?" Josie asked confused.

"I don't know, she annoys me to no extent. She wore a red dress and she went clubbing on the night her husband died. I just want to teach her how to respect death. I want to teach her how to respect the man who for eight years, spent money on her even if she doesn't love him."

"Calm down Toni," her best friend said gently.

"I want to humiliate her," Toni said firmly. "I want to teach her how to never betray a man who loved her for eight years."

"Who said she cheated on him?" Josie inquired.

"She goes out every night, full makeup, short dresses. Where is she going? The woman went out on the night that her husband dies, do you want to convince me that she isn't cheating on him? They are all the same." She said bitterly.

"Toni no, they aren't all the same. Not all of them cheat." Josie argued.

"They are!" Toni snapped back.

"Guys, calm down! J? What's going on!"

"Didn't you hear what she just said!?" The dark woman exclaimed. "When she says all women cheat she also means me."