Sunrise and smiles

Alright! After this i'll upload one last one for the night! Let me know what you think.

"I got worried about you going out at this time of night," Toni said softly.

"You don't have to, I'm not a child," Cheryl said as she took a sip of her wine and looked at the sky which was filled with stars.

The brunette sighed. "May I sit down?" She asked for permission.

"No." Came Cheryl's flat reply.

Choosing to ignore the redhead, Toni sat down beside her as she leaned her back against the tree. "Thank you." She said with a grin.

"You are impossible you know that?" Cheryl asked with a smirk.

Toni chose not to reply. She picked up the bottle and nodded. "Wow, 1994, that's an old bottle. Can I drink?"

The redhead shrugged. "I only got one glass so no." She said as she brought the glass to her lips, but before she could take a sip, Toni took the glass from her and took a sip. "Thank you." She said again.

The redhead sighed and rubbed her hand on her leg. Why is she here? She thought as Toni spoke again. "It's nice out here." She said as she looked around, it was a chilly night, the stars were all in the dark blue sky. The sound of the crickets softly chirping through the forest.

"When I want to be alone, I always come here." The redhead said softly.

"Is Jacob going to be okay?" Toni asked in a sad voice.

The redhead nodded. "He will, but he'll have to take insulin injections throughout his life. The problem is, he is still young and the healthy food that helps him to be healthy he needs might not be able to eat it unless he takes the injection." The widow explained in a sad voice, she wouldn't wish illness on anyone.

"Does Elissa know all of this?" Toni asked as the redhead took the glass from the brunette and twirled it a bit.

"I told Veronica to teach Elissa everything." She said taking a sip. "How can she inject him, how can she measure the blood also what do in cases if low or high sugar and I also told her to give Elissa a list of food so that she knows what to feed him."

Wow, she knows a lot. Toni said to herself as she kept looking at her. "Why don't you teach Elissa? She said as she took the glass again.

Cheryl  sighed sadly."Because I don't like to teach anyone." But I want too... I want to be a doctor again.

Toni looked at the redhead with admiration in her eyes. "I don't know what would have happened if you weren't in that room." The short brunette stated, she was hoping to get more information about what happened at the hospital. "They almost gave him water mixed with sugar." She recalled how Melissa got him the glass.

The redhead sighed. "He'll suffer for most of his life." The widow said in sadness.

Toni nodded her head. "The good thing is that he is still alive. I'm relieved that he doesn't have an illness which doesn't have a medicine."

Cheryl wiped a single tear that has fallen on her cheek. "That's true."

"Y-You were studying medicine?" Toni asked in hesitance.

The redhead nodded. "Yes," It was my dream. She thought quietly.

"And why did you quit?"

Turning her gaze to the night sky, Cheryl replied. "Because I got married."

Not convinced by the answer, Toni sighed as she spoke again. "Which year were you in?"

"Fifth."