Looks And Thoughts

Toni and Veronica were in the living room waiting for the redhead to get the glasses and wine. The short brunette had a bowl of nuts and she was eating them when Veronica spoke. "What are you planning to do Toni?"

"With what?" Toni asked as she ate a nut.

"With your life," the nurse asked again.

Toni shrugged, "I don't know,"

"Are you going to travel again?" Vee asked in a sad voice.

"Of course," Toni's immediate reply came. "But I don't know when,"

"That's a shame, we will lose you. You know I also have nothing to do in my life."

"Why did you leave your work? You told me you were a nurse,"

Veronica sighed. "So that I can be beside Cheryl,"

"And what about now?"

"She doesn't need me anymore but I am used to living without a job, I have everything without getting tired to earn it."

Toni laughed and nodded, "True, so you have been living here for a year?" The nurse nodded, "What I don't understand is why would Cheryl need a nurse to live with her? My uncle wasn't sick that time right?" Again Veronica nodded wordlessly. "Then why were you here?"

"I am sorry Toni, but I can't answer these questions, Cheryl will get mad if I did,"

Toni nodded in understanding, "Okay if I asked you a personal question would you answer it?"

"About myself? You can ask anything," Veronica said with a smile.

"Why did you leave your job?"

"Honestly when you come to think about it, I didn't leave my job, I just shifted my work to here."

"I don't understand what you mean," The short brunette stated in confusion.

"Toni, I get triple the salary here than I used to get working in the hospital,"

"Oh wow," Toni said in shock, "Triple?"

Veronica nodded, "In the hospital, I used to kill myself from the work overload I had, here I don't work unless.." She trailed off when she realized she was about to say something about Cheryl.

"Unless what?"

"Nothing," Veronica said clearing her throat. "I don't work here that much,"

The redhead entered the living room with a smile, holding a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Veronica, you didn't tell me we still have guests,"

"Well, I insisted on Toni to stay,"

"Good Job Vee, in this way we will take more advice from Toni," Cheryl said sarcastically as she remembered what happened when Sweetpea was here. "Toni always gives the greatest advice." Causing Toni to laugh.

"And for free," Toni then added with a laugh.

Cheryl shook her head and placed the glasses on the table. "I only got two glasses,"

"I'll get the third," Vee volunteered and made her way to the kitchen to grab a glass.

Cheryl was trying to open the bottle with a bottle opener when Toni stood up. "Allow me," She said as she placed her hand on top of the redhead's, in an attempt to take the bottle.

The redhead retracted her hand quickly as her heart started to beat fast. She sat on one of the couches and watched Toni placing the bottle of wine on the table and began to open it. She couldn't help but take in Toni's form and looks. Her eyes roamed around the brunette's hands and face, how her hair was in a messy bun and how good she looks in skinny jeans and a simple t-shirt. She watched as Toni poured the glasses like an expert. She then turned her gaze to Toni's eyes and stared at the dark shade of brown that was in the brunette's eyes. She got lost in her thoughts and then shook her head when Toni gave her a glass and sat beside her.