Financial bonds & getting caught

The couple broke away, both despread for air as they rested their forehead's against each other. "I thought you can't kiss me," Toni said with a soft giggle.

Cheryl laughed as she slapped Toni's arm. "You are annoying."

"I know," Toni said with a wink. "W-What happens now?" She asked nervously.

The redhead's smile fell as she stepped away from Toni. "Veronica is going to kill me if she finds out we kissed."

Toni frowned. "Why? What does the kiss have to do with her?"

"She likes you, she told me to stay away from you but you kept pushing harder and getting closer to me! You guys almost kissed!" Cheryl exclaimed.

The short brunette looked at Cheryl with wide eyes. "We never almost kissed, I don't like her in that way, Cher. I had my eyes on you from the moment I saw you." She admitted shyly.

"R-Really? Then why were you annoying and blackmailing me all the time?" Cheryl asked with a raised eyebrow.

Toni shrugged. "Because I wanted to stay beside you, I knew if you kicked me out I won't get a chance to know you, the real you."

"What do you want us to do now? Veronica can't know about this Toni." Cheryl said as she as she looked at Toni with fear in her eyes.

The brunette smiled and stepped in front of the redhead . "We can keep this between us, Veronica won't need to know." Cheryl ran her hand through her hair with a sigh. "Cher , please don't deny that you felt something." She said softly as she cupped the redhead's cheeks. "Please?"

The redhead wrapped her arms around Toni's neck. "No one will find out?"

"No one," Toni replied with a smile. "Can I kiss you again?" She asked shyly as she brushed her nose against the redhead's nose. When she felt Cheryl nod, their lips touched again for the second time in the same night. Toni's lips were warm, her hands were wrapped around Cheryl's waist as the redhead's hand's locked around the brunette's neck. When they broke apart for air, the widow rested her forehead against Toni's and gathered some much-needed oxygen. The redhead saw Toni smirk and she couldn't help but smile back and sink into her hold.

"I'm sure you are tired," Toni started softly as she placed a kiss on Cheryl's cheek. "How about we go to sleep? Tomorrow we have work."

Cheryl sighed and nodded. "Okay, but please can you not send Alex home tomorrow? I don't want any problems with Veronica."

Toni frowned, "But Cher, we aren't doing anything wrong."

"She thinks we are, you don't see how she talks to me about you like you and Veronica are in a relationship," Cheryl said in a sad voice.

"But we aren't, I already told you that I don't like her in that way, I never gave her signs to think that."

Cheryl sighed. "Please, let me come back alone, I don't want to risk it."

Toni nodded, "Fine," She said while she huffed.

The redhead kissed her cheek. "Don't huff and puff, we'll figure something out."

"Okay," The short brunette said with a smile. "Let's walk back."

"N-No, not together. I'll go first and then you head to your room after a couple of minutes." Cheryl suggested. "Maybe she's looking for you or waiting for me."

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning then?" Toni said as she removed her arms from Cheryl's waist.

The redhead smiled and nodded. "Goodnight TT." She said as she dropped a final kiss on the short brunette's lips and walked away.