Apologies and a dinner

The doorbell rang and Elissa went to open the door. She smiled politely when she saw Josie standing. "Good morning, please come in. Ms. Toni and Ms. Veronica are in the living room.

The belly dancer smiled and made her way to the living room. "Good morning." She said greeting the two brunettes. "I-uh really want to apologize for what happened yesterday."

Toni shook her head, "Don't apologize J."

The belly dancer cleared her throat. "I came with him last night because I wanted to talk to you Toni. But I didn't get the chance."

"You want to talk to me?" Toni asked confused. "What did you want to talk about?" Josie looked at Veronica and then at Toni.

"Excuse me, I'll go check on Cheryl," the nurse said with a smile.

Toni then ushered her friend to one of the couches, "Tell me, what's going on?" She asked softly.

"Toni..." Josie trailed off hoping that the short brunette would understand what she means.

"J, please don't open old books."

"But I need to clear the misunderstanding that is between us Toni, it's my right. I expected everything, but the only thing that caught me off guard was that you knew that I knew about Marry."

"J, sweety what happened was a long time ago, and I really don't want to talk about it."

Choosing to ignore what Toni said, "About a month before you knew what Marry did, I was having breakfast with some friends, and as I was waiting for the valet parking man to get my car, a good looking guy making his way out of his car and Marry was with him, they were holding hands. I kept looking at them in shock as they walked to the reception and took a key to the hotel room and they went to the room."

"And you kept quiet. You didn't tell me." Toni said in shock.

"I couldn't tell you Toni, I didn't have it in me. I felt that it was too personal and I couldn't interfere. I was afraid to ruin your life." The belly dancer responded.

Toni scoffed. "You think if you told me that my wife was going out with someone else you'd be ruining my life?"

"No matter how close friends we are, there are some things I can't say. Maybe Marry had her reasons, maybe you knew and you ignored it and this maybe goes for a lot of other things Toni. Maybe if I saw you with some other woman I wouldn't have told her. This was your life, no one has the right to ruin it. Some people might say that I am wrong, but that;s how I feel."

"I really don't know what to say, ten years ago I would have told you that it was wrong of you not to tell me, but now?" Toni said shrugging. "You may have a point. Anyways it has been ten years and I really don't like talking about this."

"I understand, I just wanted to let you know my side of the story. We were very close friends before everything happened. Can I ask you something?" When she saw Toni nod she continued, "How did you figure it out that I knew?"

The brunette took a deep breath. "When I was at your place and told you about what Marry did, Sweetpea was shocked and he asked me a lot of questions but you just kept quiet, you weren't shocked and you didn't say a word. So since that time I knew that you knew."

"I'm sorry Toni."

"Don't apologize. And J? If you ever needed someone to talk to, please don't hesitate. Even if he is my best friend, I'll always be there for you." Toni said with a smile. Just then, Cheryl entered the living room to find the two friends finished talking. "Hey, Cheryl," Toni said with a smile.

"Hey," Cheryl replied giving the brunette a small smile. She then looked at Josie. "Hello."

"Hey,I wanted to talk to you about something," Josie said with hesitance.