Suspicsions and fights

Downstairs, Toni and Veronica were ready to have breakfast, but the brunette noticed that the redhead isn't around, she looked at the raven haired girl and spoke. "She isn't coming to breakfast?"

Veronica shook her head. "She just came back, I don't think she'll have breakfast."

The short brunette hummed then looked at Veronica with confusion. "Back from where?"

"From outside,"

"You mean since last night she was out? She never came back?"

The raven haired girl nodded, "Yeah,"

"Did she sleep over at someone's house?"

The raven haired girl shook her head quickly. "No, not at all. She wouldn't sleep, my guess is that she spent all night awake."

"Why?"

Veronica shrugged, "It's the way it is, but it's for the better, notice if you see her today, her personality is different and her mood got better."

Just then Cheryl appeared in the dining room. "Every time I see you guys, you are talking about me," She said as she took her place at the dining table. "Are you asking about me again?"

Toni shook her head. "I just wanted to make sure your okay,"

Cheryl looked at her with confusion. "Why? What's wrong with me?"

"Because yesterday you weren't okay?" Toni stated as if it wasn't clear for the redhead.

"I was okay, and in fact, I am doing great, more than you imagine." She then looked around the table. "ELISSA!"

"Yes, Mrs. Blossom?"

"The tea is cold, and the toast isn't burnt."

"I'll change it for you right away."

"You know what? Get me a new breakfast and get it to my room." She demanded as she left for her room.

Toni gave Vee a glare. "It's a good thing she spent the night out right? Her mood is definitely changed and she got better." She said sarcastically with a sigh.

After breakfast, the brunette got herself ready and drove to Liam's office so that they can discuss a few thing. She waited for her name to be called and when it was, she entered the office.

"Good morning Toni, how are you doing?" The old lawyer asked as he ushered the brunette  to her seat.

"I'm good, in all honesty, I came here today to talk to you about something. But before that, I have a question."

"I'm sure you want to ask me how could your uncle marry that woman,"

Toni shook her head. "No, I want to ask you how did my uncle die,"

"What do you mean?" Liam asked in confusion as he was taken aback by the question.

"My question is clear. How did my uncle die."

"I don't understand. Didn't you know that he was sick?"

"I do,"

"And he told me that he was doing better and all of a sudden he got worse."

"That is correct. And he died in a sudden. Didn't your aunts tell you that he got really tired in his last days?"

The brunette nodded, "They did, but..." She trailed off.

"But what? What are you thinking?"

"His wife. Do you know how they met?"

"Her father used to work for your uncle."