Sacrifice (part 2)

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

***continued flashback***

Alex spoke up "Dad? Mom? Demetri and I would like a bit to discuss the options that you have laid out."

Mom and Dad nodded at once. So we both excused ourselves and walked outside.

Once outside, Alex turned to me and asked "what should we do?"

"Im not sure" I said. "We knew we would be here one day, but those options don't seem feasible."

Alex again spoke "I know".

We stood there, looking at each other, when Alex lifted his head to say something, I could feel that he was already decided, but his wolf was fighting him.

"Alex?" I questioned.

He lifted his grey eyes to look straight into my identical ones. He sighed as he began "I want you to be Alpha" and he let his head fall.

First I was stunned. I needed the reasoning behind such a declaration. Second, realization hit that he had chose option B and my heart began to break. Maybe break wasn't the right word. I felt like someone had just pierced my soul with a silver arrow.

"No!" I said.

Alex looked at me, "No?" He asked.

"No! I will not let you leave this pack and leave me. Option B is off the table!"

Alex started hysterically laughing. This made me angry. My wolf started pushing forward and I had to try to resist the urge to slam my fist into his perfectly structured nose.

"Why are you laughing?" I roared and immediately regretted it. Alex stopped mid laughing and searched my eyes for the source of my sudden anger.

His face then changed to the stupidest smirk I have ever witnessed and he said "You are under a misunderstanding!"

Confusion flooded my thoughts causing me to cock my head to the side and lift my eyebrows at my brother.

Alex walked up to me and swung his arm around my shoulders as he qualified his choice "Option D!"

Now my confusion turned to interest and worry. Had he been dropped on his head too many times? There was no option D!

"Alex, what the fuck are you talking about, there was no option D." I spit at him.

Alex smiles his toothy grin and began "we have a choice and I choose option D. I will be your Beta."

My face contorted and I grabbed my hair in utter shock. I began pacing while wondering how I was ever given such a kind hearted brother. But, as sometimes I am skeptical, I opened my mouth and asked the question anyone would be wondering. "What's in it for you?"

Alex grabbed his chest and feigned hurt. I rolled my eyes and punched him in the shoulder. I winced as I felt how hard my playful punch hurt him.

"Ow!" He shouted "Fuck! See if I offer you a solid again."

I apologized but he just started laughing before he said "just screwing with you".

I looked relieved and said "oh well now that that's clarified, let's go back to choosing an option."

He smiled and said "Oh I meant you punch like a girl but I still choose option D. You will be Alpha and I, the selfless Alex, will be your Beta. Let's go tell Mom and Dad."

I wasn't sure why my brother just gave up his birthright to me, but I had to give it the man, option D was perfect....for me. Him on the other hand? I think he needs to see a doctor, he clearly needs an MRI.

Mom and dad weren't nearly as confused as I expected. With grace, they conceded to allow Alex to be Beta and me to to take over as Alpha.  
I can't lie, I was excited, scared and sorta pissed at myself for not offering to be HIS Beta.
Whatever I did to get in the good graces of the Moon Goddess, I was going to make her proud.

*****End of flashback *****