Secrets

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Grey's POV***

You ever get that feeling like everything is about to turn upside down. Yep, that's the one. Here I am staring at my perfect life, worrying that my past may tear it apart.

Secrets! So many secrets I have kept from everyone I love. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would. I would choose differently, I would have been honest. Now, I'm busy hoping that my past doesn't cost me my present.

Stupid me! I didn't think anyone would ever figure it out. I really don't know that they have. But, I feel guilty. Guilt will conjure your deepest regret and turn your imagination into an inferno of torment.

Long ago, I innocently made choices. My parents always told me to wait for your gift from the Moon Goddess. But no, I became anxious for someone to fulfill the loneliness in my heart. I didn't honor my parents wishes. Instead, I laid a foundation for today's issues.

It's my fault. Don't think I haven't felt guilty all these years. This isn't new. I have fought with my demons for over two decades. However, it's easy to box up your worries, pack them neatly away and hide them in the darkness. Well not easy, but doable once you are facing your wildest dreams coming into fruition right before your eyes.

The problem with hindsight is, it's 20/20. What I wouldn't give to have the wisdom of 42 at the age of 18. I would have made better choices. What's done is done. Either way, I will have to face it. Whether someone acknowledges my skeletons and showcases them for my world to see, that's the only variable.

I have to come clean. I have to face the past. Unfortunately, the thought of losing this incredible life I have been blessed with kept me from offering my skeletons for far too many years.

Fear! That's the right word. I have feared these revelations for so long. I have built a house of cards, one small wind and it will crumble like a Jenga puzzle.

The question is not if, but when. When will I rip apart my family? When will I make peace with my demons? When will the facade of me being the perfect mate, parent and Alpha be destroyed? When will I finally confess my sins and accept my punishment.

It's not just me here that I'm worried about. My decisions will affect my pack, my family and other's family.  Who knew? Anyone? I sure didn't.

It would be easy to blame anyone else for my current predicament. I could blame the Moon Goddess. She didn't bring me my mate until I was 20. I could blame her for pairing my boys with their mates. I could blame my boys for having such incredible hearts. Their choices have interrupted my peacefully sleeping secrets. I could blame anyone but myself.

I'm not that guy. I may have lied by omission, but I could never blame anyone for my own choices. I will step up and be the man I have always proudly pretended to be. I will accept the consequences of my actions that I never knew would have repercussions.

Yeah. So, here we go. I won't wait for my children's covert investigation to uncover my propaganda. I see the stress they are under. I see the tension placing distance between Demetri and Alivia. Today is the day. Today, I will pull my big boy pants up and face my darkness.

Moon Goddess be with me.

<<<<<<<<<<

***Collin's POV***

I was just there. I literally just left The Crescent Moon Pack. Now, I am headed right back. With my parents and wife in tow, I am on my way to a meeting with the former Alpha Grey.