Reasons

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Alex's POV***

*****flashback*****

I walked with Demetri back to our room. He was looking at me, just not with the smile I was expecting. His face was one of confusion. I stopped him outside our door and I wanted to get in his head to decipher the feelings he was having but, I thought it better just to ask.

"Demetri?" I questioned.

He looked over at me reluctantly. Then I started to worry that maybe he didn't want to be Alpha and I had just pushed a role on him that he was not excited to take on.

"Demetri, I'm sorry" I half whispered.

Demetri's head snapped up and he gave me a look like I had been dropped on my head too many times.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked

I grabbed him lightly by the shoulders and began "I shouldn't have pushed you to be Alpha, I didn't think about the responsibility you would have on your shoulders."

He looked at me with eyes full of emotion and asked "is that what you think?"

I nodded. He grabbed me and crushed me to his chest and I felt tears hitting my hair. "Fuck Demetri, you're messing up my hair" I shouted.

He laughed and put his massive hand on top of my head and scratched me like a pup.

Then he started, "I'm not sure why you gave up Alpha, I'm eternally grateful for it. But, I don't understand. You deserve it the same as me."

I was relieved and wanted him to know that.

"Look" I said. "No doubt there are two of us that are rightfully able to claim that position. But, you were born for this. You are the most outgoing and selfless person I know. I have no doubt that you will continue in Dad's footsteps and keep our pack strong and stable."

Then I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding. I continued "There is nothing wrong with being a Beta, and even more special to be your Beta. I couldn't imagine anything more dignified than being your second in command.

I have never wanted to be Alpha, my wolf doesn't agree with me, but I control him and not the other way around. I will be your Beta, your best friend and your brother. What more could a guy need?"

Demetri wrapped his arm over my shoulder and stepped on his tippy toes to kiss me on the top of my head. Then he said something about owing the Moon Goddess.

"Besides, if you ever fuck up, I can be Alpha!" I said with a chuckle. He rightfully swatted me in the stomach and his face lit up like the Fourth of July.

We started to walk again to our room, and Demetri said the word "mate". My head snapped up but he rolled his eyes. He said "you asked what more could a guy need"?

I looked at him and grinned and we both said "Mate" and threw ourselves on our perspectives beds.

*****End of flashback*****