Training

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

I left the office headed to the training grounds. I watched as members practiced skillfully. Hand to hand combat at station 1, the guys were practicing kicks, jumps, defense and punches. I threw some pointers their way and moved along, I trusted Beta Alex and he knew I was just trying to stay involved.

Station 2 had young wolves learning control over shifting, nothing is as important as control. I watched as my twin sisters struggled to make their wolves appear. I laughed lightly when they finally had their small she wolves proudly out.

Arianna had a small sand colored wolf with bright green eyes, this matched perfectly with her human dusty blonde hair. Isabelle had a beautiful chocolate wolf, slightly bigger than Ari's.

Her eyes were milk chocolate with a touch of honey. They looked so happy as they stood beaming with pride. I walked over and crouched down in front of them both. They lowered their heads to address me properly. I gave them each a kiss on their fury noses to let them know I was proud.

I walked towards the station 3 where teenage wolves were practicing their patience, shifting on command, running and waiting to be told to pounce or lunge.

I loved watching the development of my pack. Every wolf had a place and each was a vital part of our team.

Station four was for the more mature wolves. They trained in shifting mid-air, tactical maneuvers and group combat. Working together made them stronger and gave them an edge over rogues who could only think as a single unit.

I ended with station 5, like always. Station 5 was for the Warriors. This is where strength was developed along with form and endurance. This is where the pack members were readied for their future places in the pack.

We had many ranks within our pack. All equally balanced. We didn't allow one member to think their contribution was less than another. Pride in yourself and your unit built a foundation of respect.

I didn't encourage or allow bullying. That lead to punishments that although were necessary, I did not appreciate having to enforce. I ran my pack with love, just as my Father had and so many Alphas from generations before. We were strong, agile, mobile and intelligent. Our need to fight was few and far between. Most certainly only using aggression when rogues infiltrated our territory.

Once in a while, petty disputes over land or mates deemed fighting necessary, but death of any wolf was a sacrifice we were not willing to make. Wars had been fought and the results were always devastating. But, wars had been halted thru the years due to council and alliances. Overall, being a Wolfpack was more peaceful and family oriented. We didn't like to fight, but if the need arose we were always ready.

I rounded out my tour with a visit to the daycare. I located our elders, who were all too willing to help with the younger children. They loved having a duty that nourished their need to stay alive and vibrant. Aunt Emily was watching the pups play in the yard, she wasn't actually my aunt. But, growing up in a tightly woven community made all of us adore her. We were raised by her until our years came that we joined out on the training field.

I walked over to Aunt Em and gave her a soft hug. "Alpha!" She beamed. Her cheeks rosey and her smile lighting up. "Aunt Em, how are you today?" I asked. This wasn't a pleasantry, I was always genuinely interested.

"Oh, you know" she started. "Enjoying the weather and the watching these beauties."

She gestured to the pups playing with one another. Aunt Em was a kind soul. Selfless to a painful degree, I often wondered if she did too much. But, she scoffed when I made notice that she was over exerting herself.

Her mate, Uncle Ben was always by her side. Watching her quietly, he never seemed bored just observing her with the pups. I think they missed having their own, as they were grown and their grandpups were active members of our pack.

Most of our older members still lived on the grounds. Only the females who mated with different male pack members, lived away. But, they visited often. I enjoyed those times.

I made my way back to the office, I wanted to make sure my work was in order before calling it a day. Training was coming to an end for the day. The sun began to descend, marring the sky with a beautiful hue of pinks and oranges.

I never got over the majesty of a setting sun. One of nature's most elegant paintings was the horizon. Canopies of trees darkened into black shadows when the sun was laid to rest, only to be replaced with pale moonlight. Stars freckled the open sky, twinkling lazily across a midnight blue landscape.

All of nature held their own. Every shade it's own kaleidoscope of beauty. I enjoyed being a part of this life. Blessed by the Moon Goddess, I never took her artistry for granted. (I might be a teddy bear at heart)